Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Vol. 12 Ch. 63.1 - The Hunt (Part 3)

Dex-chan lover
I KNOW she isn't THAT young, but the fact she really looks like a little girl gets me. Low key looks like hes making a move on a kid even though I know it isn't the case. I love how his pride just WONT allow for her to get away with trying to brush it off as a frog lmao. In all her genius and knowing about the princes etc how could she not put it together by now lololol
She's 20 I guess, but older woman of Chinese descent actually look a lot younger. I mean it's not your take to decide who likes who if they are both above 18. It's like sexist in a way yk, younger looking woman have the right to date or be in a physical relationship.

hey can a novel reader help me, because as far as I remember when I read some translations a few years back

Aren't Jinshi and Maomao like the same age? Isn't it later revealed that Jinshi fakes being a few years older because the eunuch practises where already stopped by the time he was actually old enough for them? That's why MaoMao always notes how childish he acts since he is actually younger than the age she thinks he is?

I might be misremembering everything though, that's why I'm asking...
Maomao is 17 rn while Jinshi is 23. Maomao's height is 150ish while Jinshi is 180ish according to the LN
Small Spoiler: His real current age is 18
The spoiler will be explained later on but I put it there in case you're curious. I'm not gonna say more than that to not ruin the reading experience of the manga.

Dont need to spoiler tag it. Its said in chapter 34 that he's 19

Fed-Kun's army
Yoo the infamous frog scene. But no jinshi back off from ma girl. You don't gotta force yourself on her. That ain't cool.

Dex-chan lover
He is about to become the eunuch he pretended to be... There are less painful ways, you know? You just have to ask...

Dex-chan lover
SHE doesn’t know why Jinshi is in the rear palace. Either way, given the fact that PEOPLE GAVE ALREADY SHOT AT HIM it’s obvious Jinshi is being targeted by general political intrigue and any further association could mean a target on her head too.
And would all that be less of a deal if she doesn't know he has a penis?

Because we're talking about the sole development where upon finding out he's not a eunuch she is now concerned about dying with him.

Whereas as long as she thinks hes a eunuch then she'd be fine even though other people already shot at him with her next to him?

Shouldn't the conclusion be, Jinishi, penis or not, is a big deal and people want to kill him. And me being near him all the time will just get me killed regardless if he has a penis or not or if I know he has a penis or not.

Dex-chan lover
as far as I know, he is known as emperor brother
But in reality he is the Royal heir who got swapped at birth with the emperor baby brother

Mao herself while working as lowly maid, is already known as the La family daughter by the emperor, so pretty prominent status
Seriously?!?? Well, I mean, it is pretty close . . .actually, it is precisely what I assumed it would be, barring one detail, and damn, that is a detail, but still, damn.

Dex-chan lover

Because we're talking about the sole development where upon finding out he's not a eunuch she is now concerned about dying with him.

Whereas as long as she thinks hes a eunuch then she'd be fine even though other people already shot at him with her next to him?

Shouldn't the conclusion be, Jinishi, penis or not, is a big deal and people want to kill him. And me being near him all the time will just get me killed regardless if he has a penis or not or if I know he has a penis or not.
knowing that he's not actually a eunuch easily leads to "you know too much, serve me or die" kinda bullcrap.

i feel like they are saying his d*ck is small but in reality if he was an eunuch then it would have been his B*LLS cut off, not his shaft yikes

we make fun of people for not knowing female anatomy and then this author was like...but how do eunuchs work again? lol

Dex-chan lover
knowing that he's not actually a eunuch easily leads to "you know too much, serve me or die" kinda bullcrap.
Maybe it's just me because what you just said only makes sense if the person in question is hiding said secret but you found out about it when they absolutely don't want you to find out and thus must threaten you or silence you.

With Jinshi what's stopping him from blurting out loud to MaoMao I have a penis, there you must serve me or die. What can MaoMao do about that?

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's just me because what you just said only makes sense if the person in question is hiding said secret but you found out about it when they absolutely don't want you to find out and thus must threaten you or silence you.

With Jinshi what's stopping him from blurting out loud to MaoMao I have a penis, there you must serve me or die. What can MaoMao do about that?
he almost did, but stopped out of respect for her vehement rejection, cuz he doesn't actually want her to fucking hate him, though. Her displaying that she would fucking hate to be cornered like this is exactly the only thing she can do.

i feel like they are saying his d*ck is small but in reality if he was an eunuch then it would have been his B*LLS cut off, not his shaft yikes

we make fun of people for not knowing female anatomy and then this author was like...but how do eunuchs work again? lol
You know, I feel like you should read more about eunuchs.

53mxg6.png

Fed-Kun's army
I showed the last panel to my friend (who does not read this manga) to hear her reaction and she immediately said "me and who"

Last edited:
Aggregator gang

There’s a few differences. Firstly, Jinshi is volunteering this information. It’s not like she’s finding out secretly. Therefore, Jinshi is clearly trusting her to some degree.

The second is there is that speculation and assumption is very different. If someone finds out she KNOWS that Jinshi is more, it is very different from someone who finds out she THINKS Jinshi is more. It can be the difference between needing to silence or watch her and not.

Users who are viewing this thread