Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - Consort Aaduo

Holy shit man. While I have a general gist of everyone's relationships, I really need to see a family tree or something.

Woooooah...... I knew Jinshi was connected to the imperial family somehow but I didn't expect that!

Goddamit.
Reading this chapter to 'Hopes and Dreams' makes that final scene feel really emotional for some reason.

Previously: Lady Aaduo would look good in Mongol clothes. This chapter: alright!
Also: No way?! My soap opera plot was right?!

😭DAMN. Aaduo best consort, I TELL YA. I cry. 😢 👌 So handsome, so beautiful. So elegant.

Also, why was Jinshi crying that night? Is it really true that Jinshi might've been switched and he's Aaduo's kid? Someone said it might not be but manga makes me think the other way.. even just a little. 😅

Dex-chan lover
isn't that kinda dumb, sure she's only a wet nurse's daughter but her son would've been the crown prince instead he got swapped to being the king(his father)'s brother.

Dex-chan lover
@tateragi that's why it's dumb though cause the original reasoning she gave for swapping them was to give her son better care as a baby.

Even though it turned out alright in the end, the crown prince should be more precious compared to the king's brother. in terms of position.

@kavinh But if there is anything that I've learned from fantasy-storybook versions of Imperial China, it's that succession isn't guaranteed. The crown prince isn't guaranteed to become the next emperor; even then the firstborn son isn't guaranteed to be the crown prince. Also, succession and privilege can come down to the mother's position and connections--which is why she didn't want her son to grow up as the son of a wetnurse's daughter.

Dex-chan lover
@ketchupforblood First born of the current king is a higher position then the king's brother. It'd be understandable if the father wasn't king yet and just a prince but he was already a king at that point. We know in hindsight that the king has no future sons so he'd be by default the crown prince but even if we exclude that it's nonsense that a king's son is a lesser position then the king's brother when we consider his father was already king at that point and had already taken her as a concubine.

Dex-chan lover
@kavinh
I think you're mistaken something.

The current Emproer (the goatee guy in funny hat we saw in an earlier chapter) was just a prince when he had his kid with Lady Aaduo, who was his only girlfriend. At the same time his daddy, the late Emperor (who likes little kids whom we haven't seen his face yet) also just got a son, who would be our current Emperor's brother. Yes, this is a case where these two babies are the same age yet one is the other's uncle.

So it's like you said, son of emperor (in this case it's Daddy who hasn't died yet) is higher position than son of crown prince. So Aaduo somehow swapped the baby, so now crown prince's biological baby is treated as daddy emperor's baby, who would become crown prince's own brother.

So Jinshi is Goatee Emperor's biological son, but to everyone else they're brothers. The biological brother died due to honey poisoning and no one was aware of the swap until it was too late.

@kavinh the position of crown prince, if not backed by a strong maternal family, would cause immense tumours for the reigning emperor. And that kind of crown prince will almost not long for his seat or this world even. Such is the way Sinosphere govs handled it in the past. Failing to have a strong maternal family backing means years of political strife guaranteed

Users who are viewing this thread