Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Vol. 7 Ch. 34 - Gao Shun

Dex-chan lover
@musicfreak12 It’s difficult to say, estrogen is not used commonly for that. There are molecules that block the testosterone receptors, or the formation of FSH and LH which normally induce the formation of testosterone but I don’t think that they are produced by plants.
This drug is most likely imaginary.

@4V29LN0n oh no You don’t. Drugs like these make you completely impotent, reduce your muscle mass and increase your fat. It can make you depressed too.

@Torappu Jinshi the eunuch is just a persona and actually not a man in his mid-twenties. The age gap between his actual age(19) and Gaoshun's(37) is 18 years.

Double-page supporter
@Frangar reminder that in this time, having servants sacrifice for you is to be expected, so i doubt gratitude is something that really exists. Maomao is getting special treatment for her acts (in the form of better working conditions and lenient rules), but its impossible for her standing to be raised.

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure it was alluded that jinshi is aaduo's son but "if that child survived" makes it sound as though jinshi is the emperor's younger brother? Time for a reread

Fed-Kun's army
@spotspot01 I think it’s been implied that Jinshi is actually the emperor’s son from Lady Aaduo, but has the title “imperial brother” because the emperor himself probably doesn’t know that Jinshi is his child. I don’t remember if it was in the manga (maybe you can check the chapters when Aaduo was leaving the inner palace) so I’ll tag this as spoiler:
the empress dowager and Aaduo had sons at the same time but because the empress dowager practically had all the doctors by her side, so Aaduo’s pregnancy (from the current emperor, who was the crown prince then) complications led her to lose her womb, but her child was saved by Maomao’s adoptive dad Ruomen. I forgot the reason why but Aaduo’s child Jinshi was swapped with the empress dowager’s son (who died I think?) So to protect this secret that the imperial brother is actually the current crown prince, Ruomen was chased from the imperial palace and maimed.

@Scrwd: English not being my first language, I find a bit difficult to explain, but I'll try. I'm thinking how is balanced the tone of this fiction. First, this is a fictionary work, based on a particular historical time. So we have a fiction with elements of romance-comedy-mistery (light, funny) and historical (based on a particular period, the China of emperors), and they have to contrast each other. If author privilege historical trait, the story of MaoMao will develop almost certainly in a harsh way, being her only a step over slave condition. But we have also light tags, so I hope she will achieve a better condition for herself. We'll see.

So she's going to go back to being a poison tester, she must be on cloud nine 😅

Dex-chan lover
people don't need to rise above the social place they were born into to be happy.

@frenchfry the emperor knew jinshi real identity... But jinshi born at delicate time ( as crown prince's son ) at the same time the 2nd prince born (like.... 1 or 2 years gap?) In fact, jinshi became eunuch coz he have agreement with the emperor ( i forgot what trade os )

Jinshi is Emperor's son. Emperor knew about this fact. That's why emperor tried to make Jinshi Crown Prince but Jinshi rejected. I recommend to read the novel.

Dex-chan lover
Glad the emperor is not a pedo like his father. He must be really hurts knowing what happen to his mother.

Yeah, kind of see Jinshi identity coming. Ain't surprise.

Lux

Power Uploader
Jesus Fucking Christ. Imagine having a c. section without any anesthesia at such young age.

Also it was already suggested previously that Jinshi is the biological son of Lady Aaduo and of the current emperor, and they both know it. But publicly he interpret two different identities, that of the emperor's brother and that of an eunuch.

Users who are viewing this thread