Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

Also, was the blue colored tears in ch. 18 p. 17 originally there or was it edited because it seemed more appropriate?

Dex-chan lover
On this page , you can see the chinese names of the 4 main characters : https://magazine.jp.square-enix.com/biggangan/introduction/kusuriya/ .

Mao Mao = 猫猫 = Cat Cat .

Jinshi = 壬氏 .

The Consort = 玉葉妃 = Gem Leaf Consort .

Gaoshun = 高順 . With 高 = tall , big , and 順 = follow , obey , order , submit , smooth , successful , cisgender . Yeah , his name contains a lot of puns , lol .

@Nullify it may be a story about China, but it's still based on a book written by a Japanese person, and the artist and publisher are also Japanese... not all manga have to be set in Japan

and yeah the group coloured in his tears for some reason

Double-page supporter
@Nullify I coloured them in since me and the other PR didn't even notice them until like the 5th time we went over the chapter.
So because of that, I thought of colouring them in to make them stand out more, so people wouldn't miss them like the 2 of us did.

Didnt expect something like this would peak my interests. Good stuff

Dex-chan lover
May I ask? I want to go read the light novel. Do you guys recommend I read from the beginning because it might have skipped details or go directly to the arc where she starts working instead of being a poison tester? What chapter would this be?

Thank you!

Double-page supporter
@Umesan if you're referring to the web novel translation (light novel isn't translated), then the latest manga chapter marks the end of volume 1 of the web novel.
So you'd be good starting off with chapter 1 of volume 2.

As for whether you should read from the start or skip to volume 2, I'd say you should go read it from the start, since it explains things a bit more explicitly than the manga.

Anyone know whats the deal with Nanao Ikki being listed as one of the authors here but also being credited as an artist for a different series called Majo no Tabitabi: The Journey of Elaina? The art of that manga is similarly gorgeous. Is it just a coincidence?

Dex-chan lover
so i guess the artist nekokurage is a girl . from her twitter , https://twitter.com/nekokurage_/media , this is probably a picture of her hand and her pu$$y ... cat , lol .

also , her avatar is a girl , her banner and posted pictures are also very girly .

BTW , in her pen-name , neko = cat , and kurage = jellyfish ?

DwDVu9oVYAA2aZ3.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I was sceptical about the score of this manga at first but now I think it really deserves it. Its funny that a japanese manga show the life and intrigues of the chinese court better and more interesting than any of the chinese manhua I read so far.

I liked this more then I thought. The crime solving aspect was a pleasant surprise as well as the science behind it.

Pretty good mystery, characters, and world building in one very well paced package. The only problems I have are the Mary Sue-ness of the main character, which isn’t really a problem because of the issues she faces and what troubles she had to overcome in order to get the knowledge she has, and the sheer amount of coincidences that occur in the story. But they do follow the rule of “the hero can get unluckily stuck in s situation, but they have to be able to get themselves out on their own merits” which is fine, but it leans on the coincidence crunch a bit tooooopp much in my opinion. 8.5/10 very good.

Square enix, one of my favorite game publishers, now also one of my favorite manga publisher, lol

@Noggin
I hate SquareEnix with a passion; they basically treat their customer's with such contempt and act as if we're below them. That's why when I see their stuff published like this on aggregator sites, I feel they deserve it.

Gosh I should love this, but there's something about it that just irks me to no end. For example when is it set? Late 17th early 18th at the earliest based on the existence of Cacao, but then they describe it as set in the middle ages of China (novel updates description).

There's also a tendency towards reactive knowledge of skills. IE a character is established as having the necessary skills for something only after they have used them to accomplish the intended task (or during the performance of said task).

I really should love this, but can't :/

Users who are viewing this thread