Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

Double-page supporter
Hmmm I still don't like Rakan, but he's not as bad as I thought originally. Good way to flesh out a character and establish a history of hardship without excusing their past actions.

Oh my, it's so sad. She loved him, and he loved her, but it's not so easy relationship. She also try to escape from Red district, and he doesn't notice that he was actually attached to her as a person. She was so beautiful and it's really sad. Especially when you return to other chapters where Mao Mao take care of her with syphilis. Also very sad the moment when he discovers Mao Mao. Also, father Mao Mao is his uncle, it's really unexpected. So sad... I can't... This story is masterpiece

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

This story is nuts, MaoMao is Rakkan's daughter, that's known earlier on, she doesn't appear aware, and then Jinshi's secret. I wish I knew what he was looking into.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Uncle and father of the year ward goes to... 😭 Damn. That twist.

Code:

Dex-chan lover
I remember that I only intend to check on WN for a bit, then I stumbled upon this arc, and I can't stop reading since then

If I'm correct, WN and LN are different in this point. WN stated that Feng Shen died on her disease when MaoMao still small. That is when the big 3 courtesans and granny are taking care of her before Roumen found MaoMao. Granny is expecting MaoMao to be a great courtesan because of her mother.
Meanwhile in LN (and possibly in manga), the woman that MaoMao taking care of was Feng Shen (so happier ending for Rakan still exist)

The interlinking events and background plots and excellent characterisation make this top quality stuff. Also, seeing Jinshi all puppy dog for Maomao is fun.

someone know at which point of the novel is this part really wanna know what happen with rakan and maomao

Double-page supporter
Is a pretty decent read, but you could feel its aimed towards woman reader. Interesting premise nonetheless that focuses alot on the woman side of empires. Using substances they know are dangerous to look better and other ways of "fighting".

I liked the story and empire dynamics, but not a fan of the romance and otome game feel. Can see why my friend whos into them pushed me to read it though. Is selling pretty decent too.

It's different from WN but I prefer this version much better 😭😭😭😭 I'm so glad they're reunited!!!

Users who are viewing this thread