Kuzu Rouninsei, Jinsei ga Tsurai no de Yoru no Onee-san wo Yondemita - Ch. 69 - The Scumbag Gets Serious

Dex-chan lover
Classic "I have no choice but to participate in this completely unreasonable, unnecessary and stupid duel to prove my worthy, otherwise I'll be shaming my family and ancestors!" bullshit.

I have mixed feelings, on one hand this is typical Japanese bullshit, on the other hand, maybe the real logic is that since Satou is basically an orphan she don't want to ruin Makino relationship with her family, which is why she suggested this, after all if they win toxic mom will have no choice but to accept their relationship.

One reason I suspect that is the reason is because toxic mom is only using the "abnormal environment she was raised in" as argument, not that Makino is gay, so with Satou proving she's a good influence she won't be able to do anything anymore.

This is stil bullshit of course, but it's a very japanese thing that makes sense, they have issues with orphans and such after all, not to mention shame and so on, Japan can be really backwards sometimes, so it's not as much bullshit as most examples, I guess it feels worse than it really is because most of the times this kind of thing makes absolutely no sense even in-universe and it's just excuse to force a duel.

Dex-chan lover
Classic "I have no choice but to participate in this completely unreasonable, unnecessary and stupid duel to prove my worthy, otherwise I'll be shaming my family and ancestors!" bullshit.

I have mixed feelings, on one hand this is typical Japanese bullshit, on the other hand, maybe the real logic is that since Satou is basically an orphan she don't want to ruin Makino relationship with her family, which is why she suggested this, after all if they win toxic mom will have no choice but to accept their relationship.

One reason I suspect that is the reason is because toxic mom is only using the "abnormal environment she was raised in" as argument, not that Makino is gay, so with Satou proving she's a good influence she won't be able to do anything anymore.

This is stil bullshit of course, but it's a very japanese thing that makes sense, they have issues with orphans and such after all, not to mention shame and so on, Japan can be really backwards sometimes, so it's not as much bullshit as most examples, I guess it feels worse than it really is because most of the times this kind of thing makes absolutely no sense even in-universe and it's just excuse to force a duel.
The European mind cannot comprehend the Japanese ways

Dex-chan lover
So you're intelligent and hard working, you care about my daughter but your parents are dead so you're unsalvageable scum who should be segregated away from good society. Yikes... Toxic barely covers that mindset.

Dex-chan lover
Was maybe a little hope that mother wasn’t so bad at the beginning and then she went full toxic again. Oh she doesn’t have the ideal background, but it’s not like she’s done anything bad. If anything she’s done what she can to become better.

Dex-chan lover
To be honest, Id imagine this is a perspective thing.

From the Mother's POV, she has no idea what Satou actually does to her daughter aside from knowing that her daughter sometimes hires a prostitute... so on that front, makes some sense she'd be skeptical. Although I feel the insanity needed to go through allat is... yeah, you should be in jail lmao.

I feel it wouldve been better for Satou to kick her out, but its clear she wants to send some form of message and solidify their relationship, which is why she wanted them to breakup: Likely as a way to motivate our MC. Why else would she immediately accept this despite being quite happy with their current relationship?

I do wonder though: Even after entrance exams, will she be willing to accept Satou or is that a pipe dream where its basically splitting hairs?

Dex-chan lover
First time I'm agreeing to something Makino said. That toxic mom is just full of prejudices and bullshit excuses.

Just like my mom. The kind that apologies just to end an argument. But they can't understand what they did wrong because they can do no wrong.

Dex-chan lover
First time I'm agreeing to something Makino said. That toxic mom is just full of prejudices and bullshit excuses.

Just like my mom. The kind that apologies just to end an argument. But they can't understand what they did wrong because they can do no wrong.
The kind that always has to feel like they're in control, one way of the other. Tell me about it.

Dex-chan lover
Main character bias aside, these chapters really make it clear the two are related but fixated on conflicting things.

Users who are viewing this thread