Kuzu Rouninsei, Jinsei ga Tsurai no de Yoru no Onee-san wo Yondemita - Vol. 5 Ch. 53 - Scumbag's Child

Dex-chan lover
This is still objetification, you idiot, a lot of yaoi isn't sexual either, but it's still marketed for women, and most yuri series are printed for men to consume, reading comments sections of less curated manga aggregators should tell you plenty about men consuming yuri in droves, let alone in japan, where this content is directly advertised for men

having good examples of mangas that manage to tell meaningful stories with queerness in it as an argument is non-sensical, did you read the chapter you're commenting on? It's not a catch all thing

It's hilarious when you notice a hefty ammount of GL and BL are written by cis men and cis women, respectively
While all that may be true for yaoi, yuri is actually a lot more even for genders in both authors and readers (and of the female authors/readers a fair amount of them are queer themselves), so to suggest yuri is mainly seen as a fetish for men is just plain wrong. There is still, of course, a fair amount of it that is written in an objectifying way and the like and/or advertised for men, but its definitely not the majority by any means like it is with yaoi. Anyways, in regards to advertising, I'm fairly sure yuri is not at all mainly directly advertised to men, yuri works in male targeted manga publishers are not common at all and you'll find a lot if not the majority of yuri manga I'd say (could be wrong) gets published in a few specifically yuri focused magazines which don't target specific gender demographics.

This is still objetification, you idiot, a lot of yaoi isn't sexual either, but it's still marketed for women, and most yuri series are printed for men to consume, reading comments sections of less curated manga aggregators should tell you plenty about men consuming yuri in droves, let alone in japan, where this content is directly advertised for men

having good examples of mangas that manage to tell meaningful stories with queerness in it as an argument is non-sensical, did you read the chapter you're commenting on? It's not a catch all thing

It's hilarious when you notice a hefty ammount of GL and BL are written by cis men and cis women, respectively
Except Yuri is not advertised for men, hell most men I know scoff at the idea of reading/watching something "girly" or with even just with female protag, and multiple demographic survey and shown that Yuri reader is not majority men, they're not made or advertised just for men.

https://floatingintobliss.wordpress...of-the-demographics-of-yuri-mangaka-and-fans/

https://yurimother.com/post/190798413869

and those I listed are not just "good examples", they are the most popular, the best selling yuri manga. This manga is nowhere as popular or sell as well as the one I listed, that show what the yuri readers like better.

so yeah, you're just ignorant and stupid statement with nothing to back that up.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Except Yuri is not advertised for men, hell most men I know scoff at the idea of reading/watching something "girly" or with even just with female protag, and multiple demographic survey and shown that Yuri reader is not majority men, they're not made or advertised just for men.
There are issue with the link you gave, well the first cose i dont get why you linked the second.
The survey they talk about are survey made online, and worst survey like this are open survey. It is well know that open survey are wrong because many people answer them when they are not concerned by it.
When you add that many "reader" today think that Yuri is something to be used for political propaganda they often get agressive, like the one you answered to, and act as if their biased way to view the world is reality.

Now the things are that Yuri are most often shonen, good Yuri at least the one that are not full of "fanservice" or sex. Then some are for the seinen or Josei taget audience, but there are not many josei Yuri. On the other hand there are rarely in the shojo genre.
On top of this there is no correlation between yuri made for men and the amout on fanservice and sex there are in them. Most yuri i found that are fan service heavy are often Josei or Seinen.

Why would a story made out of just relationship be something made for anyone to fantazise about? The name Yuri literaly come from the "purity" of the releationship despiced. If YOU have fantazise about all these story it's a You issue. Dont lump other in your delusion... Because people like you think that everythings is about sex dont mean everyone is the same. Most Yuri dont have any sex nor nudity, and none of the best one have any of these.

What's more Yuri are NOT only focused on romance, Yuri are focused on girl/girl relationship. This mean that story like Girls Und Panzer are Yuri. Story focused on Platonic relationship are many and more numerous than anything else in Yuri.

So how about you keep your own perversity to yourself? You could also keep your weird political adgenda to yourself... People like you are only good at giving argument to xenophobic idiot. You only hurt the fight of gay people by antagonizing the majority of the world for your own little self satisfaction.

There are plenty of european country with worse treatment of gay people lol. Poland literally have official LGBT-free zone, and there violence against LGBT in europe in general.

meanwhile Civil Union between same sex people is legal in Tokyo, homosexual people is looked down upon by older generation, but there are call for violence or ban against them or media depicting them.

Also even the US have shit like "don't say gay" in some states, there are conservative groups working against everything and anything gay. and the thing in chapter could easily happen in many religious family in the the US, if not worse.

you're just ignorant and racist making generalizing statement like this.
At least use a better example for the US than the "don't say gay" bill. A bill that allows parents to know what is being taught to their 5-9 year old children. The one that keeps teachers from talking to 5-9 year old children about sexual relationships, both traditional and gay. Unless you are perfectly fine with teaching children that young, then you are welcome to join the worst of society's LGBT supporters.

By all means, when the US starts passing laws against people that are adults and capable of making their own decisions, I'll be against it. Until then, I suggest actually looking into the bills you reference and checking the age ranges they are for. You are welcome to express your sexuality, but the moment you start pushing your believes onto children that aren't your own, common sense would tell you that you would get resistance. Not everyone shares your beliefs and most don't care until you start shoving it down their throats in the guise of "acceptance". Don't tolerate it being done by religious nuts, and don't tolerate it be done by LGBT nuts. Keep your beliefs to yourself and don't force them onto other people's kids. Learn better ways to express yourself, and maybe the community wouldn't be met with as much push back. Thanks~

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one who just laughed when they slammed those marriage papers down? I know I should be bothered by these parents but they are such a joke that I can't take them seriously anymore. Even worse when the MC completely saw the whole thing coming like a straight up jedi. XD

Dex-chan lover
At least use a better example for the US than the "don't say gay" bill. A bill that allows parents to know what is being taught to their 5-9 year old children. The one that keeps teachers from talking to 5-9 year old children about sexual relationships, both traditional and gay. Unless you are perfectly fine with teaching children that young, then you are welcome to join the worst of society's LGBT supporters.

By all means, when the US starts passing laws against people that are adults and capable of making their own decisions, I'll be against it. Until then, I suggest actually looking into the bills you reference and checking the age ranges they are for. You are welcome to express your sexuality, but the moment you start pushing your believes onto children that aren't your own, common sense would tell you that you would get resistance. Not everyone shares your beliefs and most don't care until you start shoving it down their throats in the guise of "acceptance". Don't tolerate it being done by religious nuts, and don't tolerate it be done by LGBT nuts. Keep your beliefs to yourself and don't force them onto other people's kids. Learn better ways to express yourself, and maybe the community wouldn't be met with as much push back. Thanks~
Honest questions:
What do you mean when you say "express your sexuality"?

At what age would you consider someone old enough to learn about sex, generally speaking?

Should children be taught about LGBT people before, during, or after that age?

If a child (let's say 9 years old) says they're gay, are they old enough to make that judgement themselves?

If not, would a child that age be old enough to make the judgement they were straight?

Dex-chan lover
Yep. Not surprised.

Thing is, with all the Yuri and Yaoi coming out over the decades, many people in the west thought that Japan was supportive of LGBT rights. Truth is, Gay Marriage has been defeated in the legal system there time and time and time again even if support amongst the younger generations is growing.

And with the birthrate issue, no way it will be changing any time soon.
still now you can't have same sex marriage in law. But you still can date them and have a marriage on name only.
Marriage is a ritual, ceremony and they can't ban it.
Japan always ranked 1st in my list of not want to be reincarnated to.
But the problem with birthrates issues is because of their toxic work culture, one could work 12 hours a day and barely have enough to feed themselves. So rather than that they can just sprung it on other entertainments.
And with so many black companies exist, Japanese tend to contribute themselves too much for the company, not realizing they are just resources and can be replaced.
And Japan haven't fix any of the list. So I doubt they will ever legalize same sex marriage.

Dex-chan lover
Honest questions:
What do you mean when you say "express your sexuality"?

At what age would you consider someone old enough to learn about sex, generally speaking?

Should children be taught about LGBT people before, during, or after that age?

If a child (let's say 9 years old) says they're gay, are they old enough to make that judgement themselves?

If not, would a child that age be old enough to make the judgement they were straight?
Doubt a 9 years old is enough to make judgement.
Just tell him/her if they want to bang a person of same sex they're gay. If they want to bang both genders they are bisexual, if they want to bang not human they are ill.

Dex-chan lover
....yeah I kinda saw that coming ever since they just decided on Makino's future without even asking her. This is just one more step in the same direction.
It also makes a lot of sense that her sister would be oblivious to that side of their parents- she always was the golden child, after all. She probably got all the "love" and "affection" she could have ever wanted, which of course wasn't truly directed at her, but rather at her achievements, just that she didn't know that.
Meanwhile Makino had a pretty good idea what their parents were like all along because they never bothered to put on a mask around her. Of course she'd know what her sister was in for once she strayed from the path their parents wanted her to go.

Users who are viewing this thread