Kuzumi-kun, Can't You Read the Room?

You know I've been thinking on this for a while, but this latest chapter really cements it for me. Why is it that all of the side characters are simply better characters than the main characters? This manga honestly feels at times like it would be more enjoyable if it were about Haruna/Yuuko or even Misaki/Yuri

It feels like while for whatever inane reason the author decided to make Kuzumi a silent protagonist, the author also neglected to give him any sort of personality or distinctive/redeeming character traits whatsoever other than the fact that Erika likes him for whatever reason, which has in turn robbed him of any sort of meaningful character development.

Literally more than half of this manga can be summed up as Kuzumi was there, then he did something strange, and Erika still fawned over him, while both she and the readers still know next to nothing about him, because the Mangaka never gave him anything more than slight exposition through a background character, and we still learned next to nothing meaningful about him or his motivations.

Contributor
@zstrf03 Kuzumi isn't the MC of this manga. Erika is. Just like there is shitload of rom-coms with titular girl and male protagonist.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, I read the first chapter or two of this manga and thought it would just be some fluff gag manga and then it turns out to actually progress not one but multiple romantic storylines at a consistent and good pace. That was completely unexpected. This manga really surprised me in a good way as it handles romance better than like 90% of romance manga out there.

Now to leave this comment section and never return cause Jesus Christ you fucking people.

Dang, couldn't have asked for a more obvious case of dragging it out.

Dex-chan lover
when the editor has a gun to your head and the publisher gently asks for a few more volumes

Group Leader
or when you're too addicted to your gacha game and don't have any time to spend on your wholesome manga

Well, in a sense, she got back at him. He deserved every single phrase stab, so good job, Erika!

Users who are viewing this thread