Kuzumi-kun, Can't You Read the Room?

Group Leader
Kuzumi does have a personality. He's funny, playful, smart, and really perspective. He's always doing funny shit in the background with Haruka. He has a goal, and he's determined. He just doesn't talk and show emotions often, but that can be overcome! Just like how Erika toned down her tsundere act.

Dex-chan lover
@FredFriendly
Because you are plain wrong to expect a 4koma manga about slice of life with romance to stop being a slice of life.
This series isn't for you if you add your biased conceptions of the series and its characters. Move on.

Group Leader
@Kuroageha: Oh, are you a member of the Idiotic Manga Police Force ordering me to "Move on"? What I choose to read or not read is entirely none of your business. I also don't see you complaining to all the other posters here who have "biased conceptions of the series and its characters". Of course, that's just about everyone.

Dex-chan lover
No but you come as autistic screecher repeating the same everywhere like you did with Horimiya before.

@fredfriendly

If a manga is not to your taste instead of ruining it for upcoming readers that may still like it shut the f**k up and go!

I absolutely love this manga and I don't think other people will if u keep polluting it the way u just did and FYI kusumi is a smart and quiet boy

Obviously unlike you!

And?? @kuroageha

Group Leader
@Magnieme: Another member of the Idiotic Manga Police Force ordering me to "shut the f**k up and go!"

Apparently, there is a plethora of posters who feel that the only opinions that should be expressed in these comment sections are those comments that agree with theirs and that all those who do not share their opinions are not welcome and should "shut the f**k up and go!" and know no other way of expressing their discontent than base level insults and vulgarities. Tsk, tsk.

Group Leader
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN: Annoyed, not mad. It seems to be the popular opinion that those who go against the flow should be shit on as much as possible and told to "move on" or "shut the f**k up and go!" They seem to forget (or ignore) the fact that everyone else has the right to their opinions, and the right to voice said opinions. Certain individuals are extreme (as shown here), and result to crude and base language and insults, presumably because they don't have the intellect to hold an intelligent conversation.

Dex-chan lover
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN
Once in a while it's tolerable but it goes beyond autism when it's the same "opinion" everywhere from the same individuals which no longer contributes to the topic but bash and pollute it.

Gotta say, this has to have one of the more stupid writings that i've seen in "cute" titles. Not even Tomo, with constant Yanagida's maintain-status-quo backtracking can hold a candle to that. At least there, main cast feel like less-or-more "real" people (lol). Individuals starring here are cartoons - which is not great for character-driven, "slice of life" stories.

edit: To be fair, i dropped it somewhere around the beginning of a third volume. If it improves later, then it does, but up till then, it's genuinely annoying. More than your average run of the mill school setting shoujo manga is.

Group Leader
@mikegnesium Kuzumi really needs to be fleshed out more as a character, that's the only real problem. I get that it's part of the traits and all, but there are many ways around it. The rest of the cast have gotten fantastic development and blend in really well to the comedy and plot. Kuzumi on the other hand just hasn't, most romance manga with a twist or gag in the main love interest has it phased out by about the third or fourth volume. If it doesn't change, I'll probably drop it

Fed-Kun's army
All you guys complaining about kuzumi doesn't have a character development while i'm here screaming and got diabetes cuz it's so damn cute. I want kuzumi as my boyfriend <3

I'm not critical person, but I admit there is something wrong. As one of light reading, Kuzumi certainly has flaws in it.
Even Horimiya, Nozaki and Tanaka still much better in their theme.

The author must do something about Kuzumi characteristic. He is simple, expressionless, but doesn't really stand out.
The one who work things out is his friend, and the one who struggle and develop the most is other character.

Kuzumi? Listening to music, whistling, feeding birds. It might be better to give Kuzumi's perspective to get to know his character better, how he feels, how he thinks.

As per now, it looks like it's coming to an end, but maybe no. If the writer wants to turn around then it's time. Or you could say the story is just about to start? In the near future, after they're going out, Kuzumi will get a lot of focus, he has to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread