KyoAni Gofundme/Donation Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably the most tragic event I've ever encountered. May KyoAni recover soon.

TMW

The building was entirely up to code. You might take issue with the fact that the Japanese code for small office buildings doesn't mandate sprinklers, but that code is not the responsibility of the head of an animation company.

The fire exit was open and clear of debris. The people attempting to use it were overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning, which is always a risk in any fire that spreads as quickly as this one did. This fire spread as quickly as it did because the building had a spiral stairwell that acted as a chimney. Again, you might take issue with the Japanese fire code for allowing this sort of design but that's still not the responsibility of the head of a small company.

Forty litres of gasoline will not burn out quickly, and in any office there will be furniture or carpeting or papers for that gasoline to ignite. The head of Kyoani did not spread that gasoline around or ignite it. Blaming them is pointless.

https://imgur.com/a/6kNre2N

Statements by Sentai, a company that you can also read up about here. Lots of users are either being way too paranoid donating, or just dont have the funds to donate. The latter being okay IMO, the former is a detriment to the donations and potential donations that can be put in. If Sentai filmworks is working directly with GoFundMe, aside from the standard 2.7% cut gofundme takes, everything will be going to KyoAni family members and affected individuals. GoFundMe can and will distribute the $$ which can be verified once KyoAni or close sources release a statement regarding the donation being received. Don't give yourself a "reason" not to donate, donate because you would do the same for a tragedy in your home country.

Contributor
@RozuArison08 They should wait for the arsonist to heal then try him and then burn him at he stake. Mass murders do not deserve any sympathy even if they are mentally unstable.

What pisses me off the most about this whole thing is the American media coverage is trying make this about an attack on women. 90% of the US media outlets are corrupt beyond beyond belief and all are mostly owned by just 5 main companies. Journalism in America died the moment the internet got popular.

Group Leader
I cannot express the depth of my anger and sadness of this tragedy that took the lives of so many talented innocent people at the hands of one crazed lunatic. This was obviously premeditated since that son of a bitch went in with 5 knives, a hammer, and doused the building exits with 40L of gasoline as the murder weapons, after he reportedly lied about how he was going to use the gasoline for a generator prior to the attack.

I just learned the death toll has risen to 34 now that another person succumbed to their injuries in the hospital, and some even needing to have limbs be amputated because their injuries were that critically bad. Disappointed it wasn't the culprit instead that died. I only hope he doesn't get off with the "mental health" BS excuse that I hear no end of from the mainstream media constantly coming to the defense of mass murderers every chance they get, or however else they try to spin it to fit a particular narrative/agenda.

The more you follow, the more strange the development, the more open the possibilities are not good.
I agree with Harry_Dong, that's what I fear. I don't want the culprit to come out as being mentally ill.

Director Hatta said that what the man said was very unreasonable; plagiarism, never send any novels, etc.
I, as a person who lives in this community, feels that he is one of the types that roams the virtual world that lives with thoughts on the wrong path --or roughly speaking, people who have no life. And then, like most cases, he uttered hate speech, made threats, made crazy fantasies, a pure attention seeker.

I will hate him even more if he gets cornered then he will say "I didn't expect it to be like this."
Plagiarism can be taken to court, it's that simple. I remember there were neighbors who testified that the man spent time in the park at certain hours. There is no mistaking, it is premeditated murder.

You should post origami crane in memory of this tragedy if you want that Kyo:to animation will survive!

The Red Cross doesn't 'assess' the situation to prolong the time between said disaster and receiving funds. They constantly receive funds from donors but when something like Hurricane Katrina occurs, the red cross had set up donation events even prior to Katrina touching down on land.

This of course is a different scenario, and as stated in my previous post, is why they're getting the assistance of the GoFundMe team to contact and give out dividends of the donation pool to the ones affected by it. It does sound like this will be going to the individuals and families rather than KyoAni itself, though I don't suppose we'll see a breakdown until the funds have been transferred.

Sources for my info with additional details:

ruKDqTO.png

KxS5yzx.png

Just from these two statements, I doubt Sentai will be the ones distributing the donations at all. Leave it to GoFundMe to transfer the $$ to the affected individuals and families only after they get in contact with all of those affected. If that's an extra 1-2% cut for GoFundMe, I still believe that's well worth it, as it's a lot of work to do. One of the reasons I donate to GoFundMe is because of their flat 2.7% cut, most other donation collection sites either take a larger stake or aren't very clear on how much they receive.

For the past few days, I've been wondering...Was the tragedy the first ever instance happened towards animation industry ( or in general...art )? From the top of my head, all I could come up with was the Brazil National Museum...but that was nothing more than human error...not a blatant attack.

And what about Fukushima-1 NPP disaster in 2011? When it happened, did you make origami crane and posted it into internets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread