KyoAni Gofundme/Donation Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
@dharkness Who's that?
Also, I feel like you just copy-paste that tweet word for word.
Mind giving the OP and all the others explanation?

Fed-Kun's army
“They’re using this incident for Reddit karma”, now “companies will use this to scam people”... can people think about the actual tragedy instead?

Sure, companies are not to be trusted, but are people so stupid to think that something on this scale would be a scam with no one batting an eyelid? Do y’all also stay off of online shopping or something? Untrusting so much that handling money to any company at any time can result in a scam?

Buying merch directly from KyoAni also doesn’t guarantee that the money go to the families or the disaster. There’s no statement that said so, and they did not call for us to do so. It is a legit way to help, but not the only one. Yet, people fight about it as if it’s the official way to help and fundraising is just scammy and full of exploits.

The world is harsh, but it’s time like this that I don’t care if they have bad intention. Go dig for that Reddit karma. Go pocket some cash from my donation if you want. What matter is that the effort is being recognized and people are willing to help. Even ill-intention Reddit posts or fundraising still bring together the community and spread the situation. Scams and schemes can come later when the results are seen. For now all I fucking care about is helping the victims.

It’s kinda funny that by creating distrust, you’re preventing the effort itself.

(Go help in other ways as well if you can’t donate. Spread awareness with factual information. Subdue the suspect’s identity so that the incident isn’t glorifying him. Help in your own way.)

Literally the guy is a fucking piece of shit. Anyone has link/pic for the dudes shit ass face? Cus fuck him

Unbelievable.

Also, what a time to discover I've never seen any of KyoAni's works. Guess I'll dig into that PTW list

The world is harsh, but it’s time like this that I don’t care if they have bad intention. Go dig for that Reddit karma. Go pocket some cash from my donation if you want. What matter is that the effort is being recognized and people are willing to help. Even ill-intention Reddit posts or fundraising still bring together the community and spread the situation. Scams and schemes can come later when the results are seen. For now all I fucking care about is helping the victims.
This is it. This is what I want to find from various negative responses!
I was shaken by two-sided uncertainty. But the most important thing is I feel anxiety over the disaster that befell them. Why don't people see the bright side? I see people confusing theories that actually prevent them from helping. I can understand. Skeptical ... doubt, I know but that's not the most important thing here. I'm sure any path chosen to help is useful. There is no need to justify which is the most correct.

K-KyoAni shall live forever in our hearts!
My condolences for the great people that died...
I really hope that KyoAni rises again after this disastrous event...

Group Leader
Seems like the culprit wasn't the train retard*
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20190719_28/

*he still needs a good beating though; his motive was honestly retarded enough to be believable,
he simply didn't have the guts to take action

Dex-chan lover
@Kookiezi I'm guessing, they don't want to see this griefing news..
But then they just flip out and start being rude to OP for sharing the news.
Rude how? Well.. Take a look at your comment for a sec you might get the idea what I'm on about.

I wasn't aware of the attack until recently. Like many people here, I have fond memories of Kyoto Animation, and was looking forward to their next projects, particularly the second season of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. Dragon Maid is among one of my favorites from the studio, including Kanon, Clannad, Haruhi, K-On, and there are still many of their works I plan to watch.

And now to hear that everything they were working hard on, and the lives of so many people in KyoAni have gone up in flames, all because of some asshat with an unjustified grudge, is just sad and heart breaking beyond belief. I don't know, nor do I want to know, what went through this man's mind when he did this, but I hope he gets everything he deserves for his crimes and then some. My heart does to all the people hurting from this attack, and I prey to all the souls and hope they find some peace.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you mangadex for bringing this to our attention, and for everyone providing useful links/information. For 33(+) loved ones to be lost due to one scum is....I have no more words.

Dex-chan lover
That Reuters article gives one of the more complete pictures of what happened. There is also a follow up article that says the arsonist was mentally ill and thought KyoAni plagiarized some of his work.

This is the interior of the building. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/366683144428060694/601622004403273728/wood-jpg.png
I'm in no way trying to excuse what the guy did but the whole building was a tinderbox.

Supporter
The ones who died weren't their work. They lost their lives, their families will never be the same, and hatred will beget hatred as much as people will allow it to.
Instead of feeling anger or carry a grudge against the perpetrator, I just feel it's sad. It's all just so... sad.

Dex-chan lover
@goronyanpai
"You can free send a threat letter to them."
Considering this was one the things that preceded this disastrous event, I sure hope no one does............I don't think anyone wants to see a repeat.

I'm honestly shocked everyone is sure this company could get away with this with so many eyes on them right now. I think the GoFundme page is probably the safest place you could donate to them right. With so much attention drawn to it, (from people both skeptical of the page, and from people who just want help them) there's no way they could get away for ripping everyone off, at least not for long anyway.

Aggregator gang
Devastating news. Prayers for all those that are affected. I doubt they'll be able to recover with this damage

Sem

Dex-chan lover
I'll be furious if Sentai pockets this money.

I really, really hope most of it goes towards the injured survivors and the families of the deceased, and a only a small portion goes to rebuilding Kyoani's lost studio.

I can imagine far better than I'd like how horrific even surviving this tragedy must be. You don't come to work at an animation studio expecting danger like this. It isn't right that it happened. I don't know how the surviving staff is going to be able to keep working after suffering something like this. Physical injuries that prevent them from drawing aside, the mental block would be horrific. I don't think I'd ever be able to pick up a pencil again if I were in their place.

The ones who are injured, but alive, desperately need help and support. I hope they can recover and eventually regain some sense of a normal life after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread