Kyou mo E ni Kaita Mochi ga Umai - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Mochi I Drew Has Become A Mochi

Dex-chan lover
There have been some artist isekais in the past but the MC being limited by "the degree of completion" is pretty unique. With it, there's a good amount of growth to be had with MC's technical ability and while having the logical limitation of materials. I'm sure that at some point, that limitation is gonna disappear with the MC just recreating his colorset by painting his color set and It does raise the question of why the MC doesn't just draw a white box of gouache or watercolor paints but for right now, it's cool.

I gotta admit that it's kinda refreshing to see the MC not being a genius artist from the get-go and not "I can draw random bullshit from my arse in the air that can insta-wipe bosses" in the 1st chapter. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the story.

Dex-chan lover
I'm holding off my thoughts on this series until I see more, Like above I'm enjoying the unique take to the drawing rules but man he's barely used his pencil to draw like he has been. I feel like he'd need a new pencil pretty soon if it was realistic usage.

Double-page supporter
wait so he has to draw what every he is thinking as close to real as possible. figured it would be something like "the closer the drawing is to the object the closer it will be object when it appears. or simply it would be the exact same but in a different color with maybe the quality slightly changing." since it kind of feels weird that it has to be as close as possible to what ever he is thinking. since that is a bit up to interpretation on what he can and can't make since what's stopping him from just drawing a black and white dragon he is imagining or heck even just him trying to draw something but he has the wrong idea of what it looks like. how would it be able to tell that what he is drawing and what he is thinking of are not how it actually looks, what would happen if he was color blind even.

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work…
^^…

Ohh, this one quite unique, with some limitation to his skill, will the limit decrease or vanish if his skill already high enough?
@.@...

Dex-chan lover
So we all gonna skip over the fact the teacher murdered him...
For all we know, he died/disappeared on the way home, while at home, or as he was leaving the bathroom. Nothing in the chap says anything bout his teacher killing him.

Banned
For all we know, he died/disappeared on the way home, while at home, or as he was leaving the bathroom. Nothing in the chap says anything bout his teacher killing him.
He legit was with his teacher before he woke up in the other world. And is wearing his school uniform and he is confused on when he went to sleep....also his teacher was smiling rather sus..
Also his final statement cemented his teacher targeted him.

Dex-chan lover
He legit was with his teacher before he woke up in the other world. And is wearing his school uniform and he is confused on when he went to sleep....also his teacher was smiling rather sus..
Also his final statement cemented his teacher targeted him.
I still need to see a murder weapon. Even if he died while in the presense of his teacher, people have been known to suffer medical emergencies/accidents, and just die.

Sadly, I just read an article where a 16 year old died on a retreat from just such a case.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, collecting colors through drawing... I am not very well-versed in pigments, but I am curious which colors he can collect when able to draw only black, white and red. And what he will be able to draw with those new colors, to collect further other colors. And so on. For a first step, maybe yellowish colors can be had from drawing foodstuffs that are red (chilli juices are yellowish, right?). When he has brown/yellowish, he can draw kiwis, which are green inside. Think you can extract green color from that flesh? I fact, I think most colors can be extracted once he has brown, and from my experience brown should be easy to get once he can mix multiple colors

Will be interesting to see this kind of dr.stone-esque incremental-game-esque story, where he doesn't even ever need to move away from his drawing surface to further progress.
There have been some artist isekais in the past but the MC being limited by "the degree of completion" is pretty unique. With it, there's a good amount of growth to be had with MC's technical ability and while having the logical limitation of materials. I'm sure that at some point, that limitation is gonna disappear with the MC just recreating his colorset by painting his color set and It does raise the question of why the MC doesn't just draw a white box of gouache or watercolor paints but for right now, it's cool.

I gotta admit that it's kinda refreshing to see the MC not being a genius artist from the get-go and not "I can draw random bullshit from my arse in the air that can insta-wipe bosses" in the 1st chapter. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the story.
They have also almost always been a trashekai in disguise, where the drawing is just a means to an end (OP-tueeee!!!). Here it seems that drawing is the goal (so no travelling, touring, waifuing, etc, if it gets in the way of drawing - well, waifus might appear if he draws them, but they shouldn't be in any more focus than making sure he eats and sleeps and doesn't die drawing until he falls ill from starvation and dies).

Last edited:
Banned
Well
I still need to see a murder weapon. Even if he died while in the presense of his teacher, people have been known to suffer medical emergencies/accidents, and just die.

Sadly, I just read an article where a 16 year old died on a retreat from just such a case.
Well that isn't the case for this one. He didn't suffer from any sickness as if shows he was just a kid who had no friends and only spent time by himself. Also you don't need murder weapon to kill someone. Could have poisoned him too. Also you assume he went home. We're is your proof of that? Since you are gonna ask for a murder weapon. Prove your statement now

Fed-Kun's army
I am calling it.
It's all a drug-fueled nightmare, boy's chained up in the basement.

Double-page supporter
damn, I need/want this power. This could end world hunger for sure

Users who are viewing this thread