Kyou no Ashura Meshi - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Delightful Yellow Curried Pilaf

Dex-chan lover
Thanks! Gotta love foodie romances

That said, you'd think butter and cheese would be avoided if she'll eventually lose the weight/as shown on one of the covers (other than a smaller portion control they also need to exercise but idk how realistic this will get on the dieting aspect)

i mean idk about something like growing mushrooms but maybe they can save on like growing some garnishes or so if the money's an issue

Dex-chan lover
Lmao no way Japan would let a chubby girl manga go for very long (Elf is probably the only exception).
There was pochamari? I think

And "flowers for an ugly girl" but she was more 'average' size imo and more 'plain' or so, even if she was 'chubby' by JP standards if she was in america she'd prolly be average but i'm used to seeing more obese ppl in the south /shrug

Dex-chan lover
Lovely. Cute. Wholesome. Inject it directly into my veins! :hearts:
Thank you for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
You are underestimating the chubby chasers of Japan.
I mean, that's more so the 'fanservicey' side, while this (so far) is a 'wholesome' sol romcom , tho it is cliche when the 'plain/ugly/chubby/etc' get a 'glowup' or so

"Debu to Love to Ayamachi to" does seem like something where the MC accepts her current self (even if she had to have amnesia for it) [tho i doubt many mangaka would address the nuance of "it's ok to be overweight" and "an excessively binging/unhealthy lifestyle needs to be corrected", since fatshaming IRL in asia is a bigger problem outside of fictional stories, i feel like what's considered skinny to some asian older adults/parents would be considered borderline anorexic to some americans but that's a whole nother can of worms]

Dex-chan lover
only 10 chapters but i know some mofos gonna try to ruin this dynamic

Dex-chan lover
Ah, of course the Japanese would target single parent households with insults and hostility.

Dex-chan lover
I'm super excited to read the rest of this cute tail, even knowing it's going to feel too short.

Also that hairpin is way too apropos and cute :glee:

Users who are viewing this thread