Kyoukai Meikyuu to Ikai no Majutsushi - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Strange Land

Group Leader
Guys, the chapter has already been fixed, and sorry for the previous version

Double-page supporter
Wow, what a mess. Still thanks for the chapter and looking forward to the next.

Dex-chan lover
@probablyotaku
SoFPChq.png

@AbuHajaar lol i know what they said but i dunno what they mean?
cause isn't that person the MC brother?? unless that is the MC's stepmother???

Contributor
@probablyotaku
Look at the general comments, I tried to translate that exact part as I found it really strange and it was in fact mistranslated.

@GreyouTT
That's better, though there's still some part which the translation isn't correct, at least from the part I tried to translate which you can see in the general comments.
I think it'll be wise to retranslate it all to be sure.

Dex-chan lover
@xyzzy Wow, another story where MC faces some hardship

Truly we are reaching the zenith of literature
That's why SoL is the best

Supporter
Wait, this is the fixed chapter? I still can't understand what the hell is going on. I mean, it's not the worse I've read, but there's something annoyingly off about it.

EDIT: I figured it out. Not so much the translation as it is just shit pacing.

Double-page supporter
Holy shit, this first chapter was terrible ? Who drew this shit. So much context missing. nothing to explain about his family, the memories of the bodies he in, why theres a "dhampire" serving him ? and only him ? Why his dad gave permission when it was pointed out the step mother is a bitch. Why is the Dhampires powers are seal... oh wait that was at least one thing mentioned, cause it goes out of control. Why are they hiring mercs (they are mercs rights ?) and not his house guards? God dam, learn to set up a story better, not ignore most of it and begin the journey.

I'll stick around to see if it gets better, but what a poor first impression.

1st chapter crap, translation crap, not sure this is worth reading. Needs a proofreader.

Dex-chan lover
Jfc, this translation sucks. Every other line, I have to stop and re-read it to verify that it did indeed not make sense.

It's a shame because the scan quality seems solid and the typesetting is good, but it is almost at the level where I would understand approximately as much of what's happening if these were just raws.

Someone else mentioned pacing and they're correct, even ignoring the wonky translations, this is not impressive. Too much is happening too quickly and the artist/author is rushing things too fast, trying to get past the initial isekai business. It's rushing so fast that he's already left his home and is on a journey fighting monsters and I have yet to develop the slightest connection to any characters.

Contributor
@bushwhacker2k
It's the trend of LN/WN adaptations nowadays, they take a modestly popular WN, make it a monthly manga that basically serves as the synopsis to the WN and profit off the WN's fandom.

Users who are viewing this thread