Kyoukai Meikyuu to Ikai no Majutsushi - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Boundary City

Dex-chan lover
Why do Isekai obsess over the guild registration, licensing, and identification cards? Is it some holdover from salaryman culture and the importance of being affiliated with a big company?

@Ironclad
They have to find some way to make money and get information. Also it helps you get identification, because they are new to the world and can't do certain things without it.

Dex-chan lover
@kilisloe It's completely antithetical to the concept of a mercenary for hire. The guild takes a commission just for putting up the request already, and expected an unruly sort like adventurers to pay administrative fees is absurd. It's not a legitimate or socially acceptable profession. These are people who couldn't be knighted or become guardsmen for various reasons and do dirty work.

@Ironclad
Acceptable or not, Jobs that knights won't do, they will. I'm pretty sure if the kingdom let people setup guilds it is legitimate. The fees are just part of the job.

Double-page supporter
Who says they are bad guys came to pk ? cause they have ugly looks ? What if they are genuine nice helpful guys ? Dont judge a book by its cover.

And lol @ wrist cutting... kill yourself while giving blood. Just make sure its a Gillette razor, thats what they are good for.

Dex-chan lover
that bit about being cruel, even if he wasnt a reincarnate dperson, the theodore from that world was being horribly abused by his family, of course the poor fucker would be a bit fucked up in the head after all that

That language that is written above the city gate can’t possibly be written by hand. Hell, only Dot Matrix can write something like that.

I said it before I read the whole chapter and now I’ll say it again. That written language is impossible for humans to write by hand. It’s practically a QR code. The artist could have at least come up with something believable.

It’s amazing how bad this manga is compared to the novel. Shame that Xant and Minions have forgotten about its existence and never officially dropped it so someone else’s can take it over.

What the hell is with the mc's finger nails? Are there no nail clippers in that world?

Giving the other party more money isn't the only way for future operations together. Anyone who is nice will gladly help him for plot development.
The MC seems to meet unique characters but never expand on them.
The MC is supposed to be, calm, and composed type character. His reactions suck and are only used in lucky pervert scenes and embarrassing moments.
To end this off the plot is rushed and everything unrelated to the plot is slowed. Only random scenes of chatting then the MC doing something impressive making women say "Doki Doki" then some quick five minute battle of the MC pulverizing all creatures with his extreme magic.

I really want to like this but I have so many questions that aren’t getting answered lmao

Dex-chan lover
"Pretty cruel"? Not handling them this way is naive, there's nothing cruel about this.

Dex-chan lover
This very much reads like it was taken from someone's notes from a tabletop RPG campaign. "Went to guild. Got metal card. Went to alchemist. Paid. 3 days. Went home. Went to dungeon." While I know that this is how fantasy/isekai manga started, way back with Record of Lodoss War, we've come a long way from replays being a thing. This manga is like someone skipped the transcription part, and made the manga straight out of their personal notes instead.

At least we skipped the mandatory scene where the guild lady explains the alphabet to us yet again, with one or more S's added to the beginning because reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread