Kyoukai Meikyuu to Ikai no Majutsushi - Vol. 5 Ch. 25 - Season of Reunion

So part of me feels like that encounter was forced....like how the hell does the eldest brother show up outta no where with no carriage and shit....

The other part of me was like..."you idiot summamabitch, read the fucking room! That's what yo dumb ass get! Going off and you don't even have your facts straight..." After pulling a stunt like that, I wouldn't leave him as the heir to my territory either...lololololol!!!

On another note, since he has a second brother by the main wife, her son will still technically inherit right? Or will step mom be petty and try to come after someone who reports directly to the king? Im sure the answer to that question is yes, but I still think it's dumb.

step mom Sounds like a Karen, you cant reason with a Karen. Karen's are bullies and all Bullies are cowards at heart.

Contributor
Dad seems cool. Let's stop there before flags pop up.

Dex-chan lover
so the dad's actually a kinda nice guy that got fooled by the wife, huh? because damn that kid's spoiled as fuck.

Dex-chan lover
What was that "threat" about? "I'm gonna tell mommy you're meeting your own son, mimimi", what's she gonna do, leave him? Then her plans to steal the territory wouldn't work anymore. Or did I just forget/ was there ever a mention of if she is a powerful mage or some shit?

Dex-chan lover
@blablablub my guess is her original family, from the look of it Theodor father love MC mom more than that sorry excuse of son mother, maybe something about political marriage or something close to it

Dex-chan lover
I see the good in Byron, I can see it, if I reallllly squint. I trust the mangaka to finally subvert the medium and genre!!!!!

🙄

Fed-Kun's army
@Aoikiri
Tailing someone isn't too difficult if they don't have awareness, its even less difficult if they don't have a means to hide their tracks.
Think of it this way, this is a no tech world with horse drawn carriages, no one is going exceptionally fast, and you can find tracks, or even ask others if they saw the carriage and follow far enough behind they never see you coming.

yea, its a bit forced, but that's also because we don't see anything from their side to justify the encounter.

So, i want to know.... what a special about the step mother ? The MC have to say it's dangerous.

Does mc father doesn't have authority to deflect her ?

#Meh

@Wolvenworks
Do nice guys cheat on their wives? In all seriousness, it would give the step-mother some depth as a character if the reason why she's acting this way isn't because of power, but jealousy. Honestly, she has a reason to be bitter and show disdain towards the MC. It'd be understandable if she didn't want to see the MC because he's a reminder of her husband's infidelity... But that's probably too serious for this story. She's probably some moustache twirling, hand wringing villain, that's secretly working with demons or some nonsense.

Dex-chan lover
@DizzyDazzle its a common trope in these middle/renaissance age isekai that nobles will have multiple wives. First wife is often a political marriage and the wife a bitch with equally deplorable children, and the mistress or second wife a marriage of love (usually the mother of the MC in these situations)

Contributor
@Lunavolks Most likely as mentioned in the other comments it's a political marriage to MC's father, and she's probably the daughter of a higher rank family (Marquis/Earl/Duke). The fact that the brat was threatening his own father with informing his mother means that his mother still uses her family's influence to eliminate anyone that opposes her desires.

Dex-chan lover
At theodores level I would not put it past him to plant either restricting magic or living bombs on his "mother" and her offspring just so he has a trump card for any eventualities. I would have probably cursed her to let her wither aways so she cant harm me but I dont think theodore uses curse magic or anything like that

Dex-chan lover
@DizzyDazzle
You really should stop applying modern sensibilities to feudal era societies. First off many political marriages are only marriage in name. Copulation happens o ly to produce an heir and that's as far as it goes. Usually the second marriage or the mistresses are childhood friends or those they have come to care about. So in society where multiple wifes and mistresses are prevalent, it's not considered cheating. Not only is it not cheating, its consided normal and in some cases mandatory. Sickness, pregnancy issues, still births, kidnappings, assassinations, or accidents all can easily rob nobility of their heir. So backup are produced. Granted it leads to many situations of jealousy, abuse and murder, but it is a historical fact that it was and still is a common practice in many countries.

@Fuew12
I would say it would have more to do with who married into whose family, and whose family had more influence before the marriage. Her standing in noble hierarchy might be higher the the dad's due to being from a more prominent family. So threating to tell mommy would be more of a reminder of her family's higher rank, and that they might apply pressure if events are not to their liking. Sadly dad seems like more of a Chuck, and rather tired and worn. So even if he has the higher influence and standing, the step-bitchmonther has likely been raging on him for years like the Karen she is.

OTOH, the way events are leading, I doubt they would have much grounds to stand on. The rumors are true, and the MC now has independent titles, achievements, and connections of his own. So acting antagonistic twords him would only hurt their own interests. *shrug* This is why politics gets so murky.

This manga has shown us a pattern.
Irrational aggression or hostility towards Theodore (who is supposedly a reincarnator in his game avatar) is usually related to the demons in some way.
The pkers (Snake something?) in the dungeon
That fat noble and his bratty son.
Sir Chester (who apparently mellowed out after the duel, as though he was artificially aggravated)
Sir Fernando

Excluding that one princess that tried to make Theodore her servant, the only “antagonist party” that Theodore hasn’t proved a connection to demons yet are his stepmother and halfbrothers.

Given Theo’s recent fame as a Demon Slayer and his mother’s fame as some sort of saint that STRANGELY died alone and isolated, I would not be too surprised if his stepmother was associating with demons and trying to eliminate their threats: Theo and co., and his famed mother.

Users who are viewing this thread