Kyuuseishu ≪MESHIA≫~Isekai wo Sukutta Moto Yuusha ga Mamono no Afureru Genjitsu Sekai wo Musou Suru~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - To Each His Own Goal

Dex-chan lover
I find it crazy that the mc thinks he just straight up robbed takeru of his body and doesn't consider reincarnation.
Takeru accepted his death through execution so when he found out that he's in someone's body, it was pretty good reason for him to think he accidentally hi-jacked Takeru's. Also, Takeru wishes to just disappear 'cause he really kinda gave up tbh.

Dex-chan lover
Wait could this be a character that tells the stronger one to run away, not because they are dumb and while clearly seeing their power still think that they are weak but because he has his own ideals and so tells the stronger one to run because of that??

Dex-chan lover
Why is he protecting Takeru when he is clearly weaker than him, and he is aware that he is weaker
I hope this doesn't come off as rude, but he said that it's cuz he doesn't want to have the mc kill the monster so mc can maintain a normal life right after saying he will protect him.

Although I would agree it's a little dumb, just have mc use his weapon so it would have spear marks instead and the mc wouldn't have to take credit because he uses a sword

Dex-chan lover
He really reminds me of spear hero although this one is more battle junkie.

Wait could this be a character that tells the stronger one to run away, not because they are dumb and while clearly seeing their power still think that they are weak but because he has his own ideals and so tells the stronger one to run because of that??

Possible the whole thing is a setup to see his full power, there are limit to non lethal duels.

Dex-chan lover
I hope this doesn't come off as rude, but he said that it's cuz he doesn't want to have the mc kill the monster so mc can maintain a normal life right after saying he will protect him.

Although I would agree it's a little dumb, just have mc use his weapon so it would have spear marks instead and the mc wouldn't have to take credit because he uses a swordno problem not rude,
Nah not rude, don't worry, I just thought they were inside a gate by themselves on the school, and he already showed that he was strong, so I didn't get why he said he would protect Takeru

Aggregator gang
Why is he protecting Takeru when he is clearly weaker than him, and he is aware that he is weaker
Uh, he literally said his reasons why lmao. Even if they're on the gate with no one around, but by making civilians fight monster then he just broke the ideal that he share with Takamine.

Dex-chan lover
Uh, he literally said his reasons why lmao.
Does this include disrespecting him by cutting him off when Takeru's trying to speak?

And not asking for his consent, when they're already in a secret scenario where the kill can be easily covered up? And he is self-admittedly "well aware of Takeru's strength" plus secretly subduing (Black?) Gates privately, if and only if nobody is watching, like exactly now? And that the stance of "Civilian" is only being applied in a public setting? And, back to square one, asking his consent or opinion?

This dude comes off as preachy, high-handed "hero", who deigns other people incapable of having their own values, and must "be saved". By him.

Dex-chan lover
This dude comes off as preachy, high-handed "hero", who deigns other people incapable of having their own values, and must "be saved". By him.
That's just sound so wrong tbh. He's loud as he can be to the point it is hard for "introverted" characters like the MC to rebut but you can totally see that it is not coming from a malicious point. He isn't a forceful one either like you paint him to be. Takeru hammered in the point that he's normal and not someone who's hiding his capabilities, and he left it at that despite Byoudouin knows that Takeru is BSing (case on point page 5).

The reason why even the "duel" even happened is due to an opportune bargaining chip being available. It wasn't even a bargain like in other series where it is blatant blackmail either. Takeru agreed to his wish and in return promised to keep his. He knows when to pursue and when to back off basing on his character portrayal so far.

With the minotaur thing, it was even from a "professional hunter" perspective where Byoudouin has to make Takeru "run" 'cause that's the S.O.P. he's operating as a "Hunter". He KNOWS Takeru CAN handle it. Stupid reason, yes but not something hard to understand from his perspective. Another side as to why he was making Takeru run is so that Takeru can go on with what he wanted... being freaking "normal and not standing out". Byoudouin understand this exactly and also wants to show Takeru that him and the Ouran Society ain't just a stupid oshi-admiring group but something that embodies said ideal of their oshi.

I see this guy as a massive bro. So far I like him and I want him to be friends with Takeru so he can at least have a better life experience with new friends. He only had Edelweiss and his isekai grandpa so far.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Does this include disrespecting him by cutting him off when Takeru's trying to speak?

And not asking for his consent, when they're already in a secret scenario where the kill can be easily covered up? And he is self-admittedly "well aware of Takeru's strength" plus secretly subduing (Black?) Gates privately, if and only if nobody is watching, like exactly now? And that the stance of "Civilian" is only being applied in a public setting? And, back to square one, asking his consent or opinion?

If cutting like that count as disrespecting oh boy, you gonna triggered by a lot of manga lmao.

It's not about cover up gosh, it's about Byoudouin aspiration to protect civilian no matter who they are just like his idol, Takamine. Takeru already crystal clear that he didn't want his power exposed, plus him not join the hunter while that strong is already indicated that Takeru wish to be an ordinary civilian. Byoudouin just trying his best to respect that and got called as preachy high handed hero?

My, it seems being a good support character is not acceptable if they have ideals and looks confident with it.

Contributor
I can't believe this series was brought up to date, while Death March is 6 chapters behind the raws... :facepalm:

Dex-chan lover
That's just sound so wrong tbh. He's loud as he can be to the point it is hard for "introverted" characters like the MC to rebut but you can totally see that it is not coming from a malicious point. He isn't a forceful one either like you paint him to be.
  1. Killing monsters by whatever means "as a hunter"
  2. Protecting civilians from harm "to emulate the girl"
  3. Becoming strong "by himself"
Stack rank and re-order the above, in order of importance.​
(If confused, pretend you are in a situation where only higher priority can be achieved, at expense of disregarding lower.)​
The answer will come out by itself.​

I stand by my point Byoudouin is a high-handed, self-proclaimed "hero". Who goes against the very principles he claims to want to emulate of the girl.

Dex-chan lover
  1. Killing monsters by whatever means "as a hunter"
  2. Protecting civilians from harm "to emulate the girl"
  3. Becoming strong "by himself"
Stack rank and re-order the above, in order of importance.​
(If confused, pretend you are in a situation where only higher priority can be achieved, at expense of disregarding lower.)​
The answer will come out by itself.​

I stand by my point Byoudouin is a high-handed, self-proclaimed "hero". Who goes against the very principles he claims to want to emulate of the girl.
Excuse me but you making this "ranking" as something that should be Byoudouin be is just moronic. All points are of equal importance to him. Also, you're wrong with "Becoming strong 'by himself'." You're reading that goddamn line wrong as he means that he WANTS to be LIKE Takamine who became strong in order to live by her IDEALS.

He's no high-handed since he never ABUSED his authority so far but acted per protocol to his "JOB".
He NEVER claimed to be a "Hero" but a super admirer of someone and follower of their ideals instead.
I'm sorry but your point equates to crap when all we see so far from him is him being an overflashy fanboy.

Jesus man, have you even read his lines in this manga? Have you just immediately plunged his entire portfolio into your dislikes 'cause of the way he acts? Broaden up brother, there are many characters like him in mainstream published works to even niche ones but Byoudouin here is one of the rare ones that aren't malicious straight up.

Reactions: Lan
Group Leader
I can't believe this series was brought up to date, while Death March is 6 chapters behind the raws... :facepalm:
I'm working on this series by myself on my own terms. With DM I'm following the terms of our team's redrawers. I've seen too many people burn out by rushing so I'm not going to increase their speed to catch up. There's a reason every DM chapter has a page for recruitment up. :) Unfortunately, it's not been very successful.

Contributor
I'm working on this series by myself on my own terms. With DM I'm following the terms of our team's redrawers. I've seen too many people burn out by rushing so I'm not going to increase their speed to catch up. There's a reason every DM chapter has a page for recruitment up. :) Unfortunately, it's not been very successful.
...So it hangs on the redrawers?! Then how about making one version with the ones that you have and later with better redrawing, the important part is the good translation after all and not the redrawing...

Btw thanks for your work really really, saved me from some really gray days with your translation~ :salute:

Group Leader
...So it hangs on the redrawers?! Then how about making one version with the ones that you have and later with better redrawing, the important part is the good translation after all and not the redrawing...

Btw thanks for your work really really, saved me from some really gray days with your translation~ :salute:
Yup, there's a lot to do in a chapter of DM for a redrawer. We've considered what you've suggested at one point but due to how it's set up most of the readers would end up reading the crappy version without the ability to see the finished one.

Glad you're enjoying it. :)

Dex-chan lover
I can't stop reading him in Mamoru Miyano's voice. All thanks to a random comment on an earlier chapter... And I don't know if that's good or bad.
Thanks for the chapter btw.

Dex-chan lover
Just as he said, even if Takeru can defeat it easily, Takeru's still a "citizen", and he's a "hunter". It's his duty to fight and protect citizen
Finally someone with common sense, back in Ch 2 people were bitching about Takamine getting involved with the MC when he was one shotting ogres, it's literally part of her job to investigate a non-hunter killing ogres left and right

People forget that MC is just a civilian

Users who are viewing this thread