Kyuuseishu «Messiah» ~Isekai o Sukutta Motoyuusha ga Mamono no Afureru Genjitsu Sekai o Musou Suru~ - Ch. 42 - Your Future

Dex-chan lover
The soul-body swap between them looks something like a sakazuki ceremony in one piece (Luffy, Ace and Sabo), though forced. Hope they communicate like brothers next time they meet.

:aquadrink:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Still hope Saint is still "alive"... Its too sad man
What if... The Demon Lord was ACTUALLY the Saint who got killed first so they can't save the Hero when he is executed and just arrived late for the rescue.

I mean, doing an invasion EXACTLY at the day of Hero's execution and arrived barely AFTER he got executed feels like it's no coincidence. Especially when they look similar (could be attributed to art style) and she is awfully kind and understandable to MC, even if it was to rope him in.

EDIT: as someone mentioned, i forgot that at the start of the series, The saint is there to watch the whole thing happening... I still think Camila is actually the Saint though, even if it's not how i thought it goes at first.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yeah, makes sense. Of course, the shady government-funded and run human experiments were aiming to make a human weapon; probably best for the world if Takeru was believed dead.
Huh I thought it was unspoken facts. There's probably assassin org too that have magic users and also gov probably have few on their side to balance things out.

I am surprised Karen didn't know this. That's like magic usage 101.

Dex-chan lover
So why is he becoming a hunter suddenly, just from ppl telling him to? And why do they think he needs to? He could simply have said "nah", and they couldn't have done anything about it (neither legally, morally, nor even practically). Him being strong is far from a good enough reason, and just reads like the author contriving things to get random developments and an excuse for future drama.
I guess you don't pay attention to the stuff you read, they literally just established that

Dex-chan lover
What if... The Demon Lord was ACTUALLY the Saint who got killed first so they can't save the Hero when he is executed and just arrived late for the rescue.

I mean, doing an invasion EXACTLY at the day of Hero's execution and arrived barely AFTER he got executed feels like it's no coincidence. Especially when they look similar (could be attributed to art style) and she is awfully kind and understandable to MC, even if it was to rope him in.
Didnt they show Edelweiss looking at Takeru before he got his head lopped off

Dex-chan lover
TY for TL! I am loving how it is building on itself. Let alone how they "solved" his current anxiety with taking someone elses body. This gave a solid grounding let alone expanded the plot with the previous world people too.

Dex-chan lover
Their opponent specifically leveraged his status as a civilian to label him as a terrorist. He can't hide anymore, so continuing as is would only implicate the parents while undermining the authority of everyone else.

Besides which, MC doesn't want to waste time now that there's a very real and urgent need to get back the other Takeru.
Except you are not a terrorist just because you are a civilian, nor because you are strong. He could just as well have refused.
And if their authority is undermined, then it is their own fault for deciding to label him as a problem. Not mc's problem.

It is the fact that mc suddenly decides to start wasting time after this development that is so stupid.
Because the goals have changed, before all Yamato wanted was to find Kusanagi’s soul, give him back his body and keep the whole thing hush hush. But now it involves Yamato’s old body, stopping Kusanagi from becoming a demon and because the demons might have recovered information and schematics on a weapon with unknown capabilities.
And in that case it seems he would be better off refusing to become a hunter. No need to waste his time. No need to become famous.
I guess you don't pay attention to the stuff you read, they literally just established that
No, they did not. The hunter guy was spouting some nonsense, and then the other hunter guy decided without mc's input and absolutely no need, that mc should become a hunter. None of the reasons given in-universe were valid.

Dex-chan lover
And if their authority is undermined
Wrong authority. Talking about mage girl and the cool uncle. They've already vouched for him, and are actively providing him with classified Hunter information.
Not mc's problem.
Ah, I see the problem. You see, MC is not an asshole. It is also a problem in general if you give the government army justification to put you on their shitlist, legal or not.

Dex-chan lover
Wrong authority. Talking about mage girl and the cool uncle. They've already vouched for him, and are actively providing him with classified Hunter information.
Ah, you were talking about them. Don't worry, all he would need to do there is to tell the guy "don't worry, I don't need to do that, there is no issue", and the guy could retract the offer himself. Noone ever thought him to have authority over mc in the first place, so his actual authority is not undermined - he is a third party.
Ah, I see the problem. You see, MC is not an asshole. It is also a problem in general if you give the government army justification to put you on their shitlist, legal or not.
Refusing to become a slave/prisoner is not being an asshole... Also, it is not the government he is getting on the shitlist for, it is that specific guild master, who is demonstrably trying to do illegal stuff. If it truly becomes an issue, he could simply get a lawyer involved and the government is the one that would take mc's side (unless there is corruption. But at that point it is time to start thinking of moving to another country).

Dex-chan lover
Man, I'm really glad that his adopted parents aren't evil like how it was hinted before. The way they cared about Takeru in the early chapters was so genuine.

Dex-chan lover
Refusing to become a slave/prisoner is not being an asshole... Also, it is not the government he is getting on the shitlist for, it is that specific guild master, who is demonstrably trying to do illegal stuff. If it truly becomes an issue, he could simply get a lawyer involved and the government is the one that would take mc's side (unless there is corruption. But at that point it is time to start thinking of moving to another country).
Spitting in the face of those that got the guild off your back temporarily when you're weakened along with putting your parents at risk is. He has something to lose going against them vs. refusing. If he was solo I'd agree but he has friends and family that could be used as leverage. Being selfish only works when you have only yourself to worry about.

I think you need to understand that at this point he can't really talk himself out to safety he is deemed too high a threat.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Genuine question, considering that in a previous reply, you implied that this would be faster: Do you think that disregarding the help he's getting from the people with the most know how about the current state of the world behind the scenes (and probably even more information that would be useful to him and his goals), antagonizing the dude who just proved that he's willing to violently disrupt his life if he's not going through the proper procedures, then lawyering up and taking said dude to court, would be the quickest way for him to achieve what he wants?

If so, how?

Users who are viewing this thread