Kyuuseishu «Messiah» ~ Isekai wo Sukutta Motoyuusha ga Mamono no Afureru Genjitsu Sekai wo Musou suru - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - At The Area Of The Seal

Dex-chan lover
Why would Takeru have an evil presence inside of him? Did the demons shuttle his soul back to the other world to score a foothold?
Seems like it's all the hatred that he have for people that betrayed him. You don't expect him to just get over the fact that he got beheaded by the very people he protected. He seems to be calm but deep down inside hatred is still boiling. Probably the only one he truly care about right now is saint girl

Dex-chan lover
Isn't he coming to her to rid the soul that was isekai'd back to earth? Like he knows this isn't his body and he feels badly for the OG soul that he took their place. I assumed he was seeking her help to release his isekaid soul and give back the body. Hence why telling the girl goodbye and that he may be different when he comes back.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't he coming to her to rid the soul that was isekai'd back to earth? Like he knows this isn't his body and he feels badly for the OG soul that he took their place. I assumed he was seeking her help to release his isekaid soul and give back the body. Hence why telling the girl goodbye and that he may be different when he comes back.
So the thing is Mc wants his soul out of the boys body NOT to get it killed hence him defending himself.

Also he fully expects to not come back as well hence him also saying goodbye to his family and friends.

Double-page supporter
I'm still on the fence if the author is solid or not, but the form of the ghost is fascinating.

The world/soul of the ghost/hero was and is a beautiful field of flowers, but it's actual form, the headless grudge, the cold resolution to exterminte demons in the previous chapter, and the trauma seem to be challenging the values of someone who was and still could be a messiah.

Taking that into consideration, it's interesting that his ego/heart seem to be in conflict. There's the conscious desire to return the body and be done. And then there's the impulse/heart's desire to be a hero and save others. Despite the current world objectively being underprepared for the demon invasions, the former messiah hero is not consciously acting on his instincts anymore to try saving the world.

I wonder if the mangaka/author is improving or consciously aware of how interesting their set up is. They do frequently slide into tropey territory, but the pieces for something cool are legitimately there...

Users who are viewing this thread