L.A.G - Vol. 2 Ch. 59

Dex-chan lover
Is someone legit sniping the chapters when we hardly get any that quickly...

Is someone legit sniping the chapters when we hardly get any that quickly...
It's not really sniping. They're scanlating the same thing, sure, but they pretty much started from the beginning and are working their way up. It's not like they're only doing the latest chapter and trying to outpace the current group.

I would get it if they only did the latest chapter and it was a bad quality, but otherwise it's stupid if a series has to be gatekept and only one group is allowed to scanlate it. For all I know, if they make it to the latest chs, releases could be faster and/or higher quality.

Aggregator gang
thanks for continuing with this Immortal Updates Scans.

far superior translation quality compared the the other group doing this. please continue with this so that we are not forced to read the much worse ManhwaFreak version

Dex-chan lover
It's not really sniping. They're scanlating the same thing, sure, but they pretty much started from the beginning and are working their way up. It's not like they're only doing the latest chapter and trying to outpace the current group.

I would get it if they only did the latest chapter and it was a bad quality, but otherwise it's stupid if a series has to be gatekept and only one group is allowed to scanlate it. For all I know, if they make it to the latest chs, releases could be faster and/or higher quality.
I kept up with L.A.G when this group first started doing it. They took a break since they caught up to the raws...then this guy came out of nowhere and started posting from chapter 1. For me it's why do a scan for something that is moving slowly already cause of raws but take three times as long to release a chapter.

They barely at 59. Yet the other group is already close to 80. And I don't think they gate keep. Manhuwa freak legit picks up manhuwas that other scans don't touch our even want to look at. L.A.G was one of them. So to see another group show up and do it even though they had all this time before mamhuwa freak shows they saw it getting views and decided they should do it..even though someone is already being kind enough to work on a mamhuwa no one else wanted to

Dex-chan lover
thanks for continuing with this Immortal Updates Scans.

far superior translation quality compared the the other group doing this. please continue with this so that we are not forced to read the much worse ManhwaFreak version
Mamhuwa freak is legit the reason this website has so many manhuwas before other scans started posting here. You can legit look at all the stuff they post. They post manhuwas others think are a waste of time to turn around and find out if was a gem like this one

I kept up with L.A.G when this group first started doing it. They took a break since they caught up to the raws...then this guy came out of nowhere and started posting from chapter 1. For me it's why do a scan for something that is moving slowly already cause of raws but take three times as long to release a chapter.

They barely at 59. Yet the other group is already close to 80. And I don't think they gate keep. Manhuwa freak legit picks up manhuwas that other scans don't touch our even want to look at. L.A.G was one of them. So to see another group show up and do it even though they had all this time before mamhuwa freak shows they saw it getting views and decided they should do it..even though someone is already being kind enough to work on a mamhuwa no one else wanted to
No, it is the exact definition of gatekeeping if you are whoever tries to define who can and can't scanlate something for free out of their own will. It doesn't matter what you or anyone else wants to see scanlated. If a group or a person wants to scanlate something, they should do it. Scanlation is a hobby done by generous groups of people who are just passionate about manga/manwhua or whatever. (Sometimes there are questionable practices on people trying to make money, but that's another topic.) Telling people what they can and can't scanlate is a ridiculous as telling an artist what they can/can't draw, or a musician what genres they can/can't make. Like "oh stop making pop songs even if you like it-- there's too much of that. Make Mongolian throat singing rap, because no one has picked it up yet."

I really appreciate manhwa freaks for the work they've done, and I appreciate Immortal Updates Scans too. I'm glad they're generous enough to post their work so consumers like you and I can reap the benefit of it. It doesn't need to be a competition.

Aggregator gang
Mamhuwa freak is legit the reason this website has so many manhuwas before other scans started posting here. You can legit look at all the stuff they post. They post manhuwas others think are a waste of time to turn around and find out if was a gem like this one
As the expression goes goes, "do it right or don't do it at all". Better not to post at all than to butcher otherwise great series with poor quality releases IMO.

With the usual crap manhua/isekai fodder it doesn't really matter. But when their bad translations spoil genuinely good series (like L.A.G), it is actually worse than not translating it at all - because other, good quality teams would be much less inclined to redo the chapters with good quality versions. Immortal Updates are a rare exception by re-doing ManhwaFreak's 'trashlations' with good quality chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread