Lady Baby - Vol. 3 Ch. 81

thank u again for ur trans. THE EXHCANGE BETWEEN REAS AND LIPPE IS LIKE 5 FOLD MORE ROMANTIC IM DYING A SLOW DEATH

This is based off of what I read on the spoiler thread for the novel... Asterias Castillo is the son of the previous emperor (deceased), and is the next Duke of the house. He is supposed to take the throne when he comes of age, but the current emperor, his uncle, is scheming to hold onto the throne. He has dreams which shows him fragments from the "original" timeline.

There is a wiki that gives even more information, such as what happens to Lippe at the end of the story - note that the current manga chapter maps to around the 90's in terms of the novel chapters, and there are about 400 chapters in the novel.

@TheGodEmperor yeah. For all that I like this story, it's starting to lose me seriously over the behaviour of the children. The author isn't managing to make the other kids realistic. While our MC has the excuse of being an adult, the kids who are 7/8 yo would never have such conversations, and would probably not find it normal to see a 5yo have that sort of language. I mean, I guess bitching about realism in a fantasy reincarnation manwha is a little pointless anyway...

Can somebody please explain to me how these chapters were "stolen" (if I remember correctly). I went back and compared the lines in both of these chapters; they aren't exactly the same. As somebody else said, it could've been that they changed it up so that it wouldn't be exactly the same, but their translation makes more sense than the other person's translation. To me, it kinda just looks like the other person put it through google translate, and that this scantalation group produced the chapters with arguably better quality, that tend to make more sense in some areas.

Also, tell if I'm wrong about this, but did they upload another chapter because the no group person is uploading more frequently?

Group Leader
@Rosina8396 @Eldau Translation is just one of the many steps of scanlation. They might not have stolen our translation, but we have definite proof that they stole our work. However I can't reveal much just yet as we're still figuring out what the best course of action is.

@Mary267ojou I'm sorry, but what "work" did they steal? You mean you entitlement to this manhwa, or the redraws or something. I am legitimately confused at this point.

I'm just trying to get this straight, not trying to offend anyone or anything; ( I said that because I realised the sentence I opened with could be interpreted that way ).

Contributor
@Mary267ojou

That is fine, after all the translation is just the easiest part to compare. I also looked at some of all the sfx's and I was quite impressed at the redrawing which looked quite good, and only found a few minor issues which wouldn't be easily noticeable if you didn't know that there used to be korean sfx's over those part. Sadly I don't have access to the raws to compare that part to both scanlations.

same as Rosina I'm just trying to understand if it's theft of the work in progress, a final progress, or a language barrier. From your response I can assume that you believe a part of the work NASS put into the scanlation is stolen.

@Rosina8396 It's the images. The solo person Is probably taking the cleaned up images at some time during NASS's scanlation process. An example is page 2, where MC has a transparent bubble over her head with text. I'll insert below so my comment isn't too large lol. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Just to make clear I'm not on anyone's side in particular either.

I compiled the images here
https://imgur.com/a/zqzfR47
Raw was sourced from a third party site, so not the original raw image (hence a watermark)

I have never worked in a scans group or done scan work, but part of the process is erasing the raw text and redrawing the art that was erased so the translated text isn't sitting over blank/erased art. You can see here that MC's bonnet was slightly redrawn to include a more defined ruffle under the word "meeting" in NASS's scan. In No Group's scan, their English text covers it up, but you can see that same ruffle shape just covered by text (might need to zoom in, but it is def not the same as the raw. Seeing as No Group has some untranslated sound effects in their chapter, I believe NASS is accusing No Group of stealing their images at some point during this erase-redraw phase before all the sfx was erased and the art redrawn. I'm not gonna put in the time to overlap the chapters and play with the transparency, but this is my best guess.

Users who are viewing this thread