Lady Baby

The plot is pretty slow buutttt I’ve read everything else... so I might as well continue to read this😭😌

i liked the beginning of the story, it was cute and the introduction with the other characters were nice but now we're up to 100+ chapters, no plot development except for too many chapters of everyone oogling at MC 😑it's a shame the art is really nice but the plot isnt up to par. anyways, i might drop soon if there's no good development yet. im probably hoping for too much

ok kids are cute and all, but theres literally little to no development to the story, its like the plot is drifting away, i feel like im just reading cute children playing around

Just binge read this, can’t wait for it to time skip... I want to see more grown Castillo 😫

@miguelcoolboy

I've not bothered to be caught up with the manhwa, but according to the novel:

He also traveled back in time. That, and plot armor. Oh, and. The younger the character starts becoming talented, the better. Why start at a reasonable age to learn when you can be a literal baby and speak a full on sentence?

Besides that, I can see why so many people are complaining about the slow pace. No one really wants to read 100+ chapters of a child running around in an unchanging and boring scenery with bunch of characters mooching her feet, and majority of the english readers can only rely on the english translation teams for updates. No shade to anyone, but if anyone waits 2 weeks for a less than mediocre chapter, well, what kind of reaction should anyone expect?

The thing is, I feel like a sad amount of readers are keeping tab on this manhwa just to get this over with, instead of being genuinely interested. 😅

@monoreposo

Not gonna lie, manga/manhwas that are very heavily shoujo-themed and have 100+ chapters usually isn't a good sign.

And it's perfectly fine if a main character develops slowly. But, if you've ever read an actual good story before, the MC isn't everything. There are still events taking place, other characters being shown in the background, and many other things being explored. That's what makes a story worldbuilding.

TLDR Lady Baby doesn't have enough things happening in the background.

this fucking cliffhanger
also my opinion:
lady baby's time skip is a bit too much,, they didn't even tell what happened in the time skip, maybe in the future chapter they'll tell what happened? i dont even know anymore.
100 chapters for a baby arc also a bit too much
@BonFkingBon i tend to agree with your opinion

i bet the climax will start at like chapter 170-200+ like buddy this is one slow paced shoujo...Romance has just been introduced for the first time at chapter 100+ plus there's alot of timeskip going which is hella confusing.... right now though we're still in the introduction and story building part so i think i'm going to leave this manhwa for a long time so i can actually read it when the conflict starts

Not gonna lie, manga/manhwas that are very heavily shoujo-themed and have 100+ chapters usually isn't a good sign.
Sadly, this is very true. Very few titles that took decades of publication can satisfy the criteria.

i bet the climax will start at like chapter 170-200+
You just suggest a very crazy idea. 200+ chaps with this kind of story is not an option for me. You eventually will get bored. Moreover it's a manhwa. They offer us something premise, tragic background only as information passes but never executes it. Sometimes I don't know why drama tag is like a must.

Contributor
For those wondering where we are currently (Cause Gourmet Scans refuses to upload here) we're in Chapter 177 right now
Romance is in full swing with Castillo now that she's a 15 year old and the conflict with the church is essentially in full swing. We meet the rival saintess as well.

I find the time skips useful because after a certain point being a baby is more limiting than anything. It sets a stage for certain character relationships sure, but she's gotten a lot more done on the other side of the 100 chapters in her teens.

Contributor
Nope. I can't handle the cringe, it's too powerful when she is a baby, instant-drop after a few chapters, this is jyst horrible to see and to read.

Honestly, if you want to read this, skip all the baby chapters in the beginning until she's 5y old, then MAYBE it will be not too bad for you.

MC is an open book case of Mary Sue. The story is just about how everyone loves her so much and how great she is at everything she does and the rare person who doesn’t like her is a Big Meany and must be disposed of. Like give me a break. How about actual plot? The war? Magic that apparently exists even though it’s only been brought up a couple times in over 100 chapters? Such a waste of good art.

Dex-chan lover
absolutely insane that this series is rated the same as solte the traveler, a manga made by satoshi fucking mizukami one of the best mangaka of our time, and has worldbuilding, endearing and nuanced characters and top notch comedy to boot all within the 20 chapter mark. this manhwa is a complete trashfire with absolutely zero progression of the plot and anybody who reads far enough to get to the atomic bomb of cringe that was her first words should have realised that. supposedly even in the novel the author just forgot that there was supposed to be a mystery plot around the destruction of her previous timeline and she became a child idol for hundreds of chapters

the only amount of engagement this manhwa gives me is akin to being unable to look away from a car crash. it's so monumentally cringe that it is genuinely impressive to behold

Users who are viewing this thread