Lady Evony - Vol. 1 Ch. 11

@reineve PERIOD. i was so disappointed in that manhwa when there was no actual development in, what, 200 chapters? dropped it, and i'm very glad i found this gem.

@Glomoro

I think it was because in Ebony's case, she did it for self-defense (it was mentioned by the Duke in the earlier chapters). The Queen may have been informed of that and wanted to set a precedence by demanding that Kalcass release Ebony. Since Ebony was released successfully, other women who are charged for self-defense can use Ebony's case to prove their innocence.
Which is the reason why those in charge of the prison suddenly went on an execution spree. There are prolly a lot of women in there who was charge wrongfully.

Dex-chan lover
@EternalMidnight Maybe, but I don't think that would really set the legal precedent the others would need because it didn't happen through the legal system normally and didn't change the laws either. That could very well be the author's intent but there's just a couple of holes in it if so, which happens and all. It's not like writers are infallible or anything. Frankly we've probably all seen worse holes in plot and logic out there.

Aggregator gang
I know she isn't in this for revenge, but I hope when all is said and done that they tear this place down to its very foundations and make all those responsible for what happened there suffer at least a fraction of what their victims suffered.

If the "joker" reference is about poker it should be "wild card", the joker is the card, while using the wild card kinda the strategy. "I'll be your joker" lacks of impact.

dunno... I'm not completely sold or hooked. Is revenge really the way to go here? I mean we all love a good revenge story with a dash of romance but she's not really in danger any more, right? I mean unless this man isn't going to give her a choice then by all means, head down this path. Her trauma just seems to have been swept under the rug so quickly... I don't know what to say. I'm sure ML has some devastating backstory but fuck, should I really care? He was portrayed as a privileged asshole. I don't feel sympathy for anyone but the heroine.

this pacing is going at mach 20... shes not gonna cry? really? man i would fucking cry in her place what the hell. also bringing her back to see her place of torture and abuse? how would that not cause her to have flashbacks and go into a mental breakdown? i dont know dude... good for her i guess though?

but god... this art is fucking beautiful. major props to the artist.

she should have cried without sobbing, cold faced tears are the best. show the broken heart she has, and it is more shocking.

Wow! This turned DARK! btws... did they just spent the night together?

Contributor
Fully confirming that he is a massive dick.

Very interesting case of "right goals, wrong methods", though.

o_O
executing them now is sure to get you killed if the regime changes in future.... that's just plain stupid
similar to nazi war crimes as long as they could plead to following orders/law under the threat of death they can get away pretty easy
but "executing" the sentence now is not just law/orders thats revenge or fear of revenge and if they cant claim the following orders/law defence they will get a capital punishment in future
not to mention that they loose major blackmail material on ebony whom they "fear"
but i guess those guards aren't very bright to begin with

still i will never understand people signing their own deathwarants without any need to do so

Fed-Kun's army
....i really hope she manage to free all those women who are actually truly innocent....damn this remind me how i hate that part of history despite having nothing to do with it xD

The way the author and artist depicted her conviction aand resolve was really beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread