Lady Evony - Vol. 1 Ch. 30

Dex-chan lover
It should be interesting to get some more information on the time spent in that prison. What happened to her teacher in there could be the biggest motivation she has for wanting to work with the duke like she has been.

I enjoy the variety of characters this story presents. Take Patricia here, she's only just recently showed up but she's already a character with a bit of intrigue and layers to her. On the outside she's just some favored prostitute when he position is much more significant and trusted. She's intelligent but she also recognizes herself as a fool in love. She can love a man, but also see his flaws and be angry with him. With characters like that it just adds that much more to the overall fun of the story. They may be characters that serve a certain plot purpose, but they still feel like people.

Gosh what I love, love about this webtoon (and what sets it apart from other type of webtoons) is the depth and variety in their female characters.

There are highly-intelligent ones like Ebony and Patricia, who could've been somebody were it not for the bullshit sexist social structure of the world they live in. But there's also Gillian Meister, who's not as intelligent as Ebony, but still grows from a scared widow to someone who stands up for herself.

The webtoon also brilliantly shows how women survived and carved their own place, even in a highly-sexist society like Carcass, using their skills and cunning and even their bodies. It shows how women could still have influence, albeit small, in a society where they're denied basic rights and power.

Be it prostitutes, murderers....none of them are villified or stereotyped. They act like real beings with a rich history and personality. Massive kudos to the authors for crafting such a complex story with lots of depth.

man my heart is aching for patricia.... she was willing to go as far as sleeping with men just to get information for the bastard she's in love with; who only see her as a tool. i- 😭

Omg their poor teacher...I wanna cry I feel so bad for them. I’m curious, what did she teach them? Did she jus teach them about general topics or something else? And tysm for this translation!

@sienau Firstly she taught them the language they use in official documents, that women are forbidden from learning. Going by this, she probably taught them everything women should not know in that society, most likely including the fact that they must not live as slaves to the men.

Fed-Kun's army
Wow I did not realise that it has only been 3 months since Ebony was released as there were so many plans going on, it also shows she truly is a quick learner. We have only seen Patricia in this chapter but there is so much depth to her character already.

Dex-chan lover
She gave up her life for a man and he returned the favour by not even attempting to help someone she loved... I think it'd be odd not wanting revenge.

I'm so glad she thinks of ebony as a sister though, this comic is ripe with tragedy and sadness but that connection made me feel so happy.

They deserve so much better.

I actually thought Ebony had been working for at least a year or something, it's crazy that it's only been a few months.
Thanks for the chapter!!

Users who are viewing this thread