Lady Evony - Vol. 1 Ch. 8

Right, so this is is an act to overtake the throne and "purge" its citizens? I forgot that he was of royal blood. Anyway If we're going to, as an audience, be a judge of character... shouldn't he be dangerous than the family that mistreated her? I mean think about it. He's holding the right for her to live or die... she's just some tool for him now? THAT CAN'T BE GOOD.... and yeah are her wounds completely gone or something? so unrealistic if she's suddenly become blemish-free.

@xpeanut The right to live is literally the one thing he can't touch here though, and they literally had a talk about "I'll do anything other than what kills me" and that she's ok with becoming a chess piece for her benefactor, lol

we don't see this very often. a not oversimplificated starting point.
is he a good guy? at best, he is an somewhat greedy conqueror, who will bring a disaster to a shitty hole and give himself the title of savior by bringing in more progressive and inclusive rules. is he great? sure not, but somewhat capable and reasonably realistic.
is she pitiful? sure. broken woman being thrown around because of some people fighting over power. is it exclusively about sexism? nope. she is being used because she was a good puppet, young naive girl who had a history of being disagreeable. that doesn't change the fact that place is a very terribly unfair place for woman, but also makes it more realistic by giving the shitty greedy man more motives for their manipulative evillish action (even evil people should be driven towards something, that doesn't make them right, but gives the character agency and importance in the context).
when writing, it is very easy to fall into the trap of making up cupboard cutout characters. unfortunately, in story telling those are much easier to have, so we end up with an abundance of them, and sometimes the story that is being told is hit by them too much. and even more unfortunately is that despite making any story a bit more flavorful, writing anything with extra complexity is a trap in itself, since writers also have an agency of their own.
i do rejoice in seeing something like this, even if it fails short in the coming chapters. also it is always nice to see the comments on those type of story... so many within reason but also quite wrong or twisted with the commenters own bias. even if i don't get to finish the story, seeing those few comments make this all worth it.

Fed-Kun's army
Wowzers, complex character development. Though the recovery from mental and physical abuse is being somewhat rushed, its still not bad for korean shoujo. No one is good, nor bad, but they are just doing what they want with no need for ethical justification.

I'm actually surprised at the complexity shown in this manga. And its only chapter 8.

Fed-Kun's army
JOKER! CYCLONE! (i honestly don't know what they are...but often seen people saying it like a freaking curse) o3o

Users who are viewing this thread