Lady Evony - Vol. 2 Ch. 42

The Count must be a very supportive husband. The first thing I expected him to point out would be his wife's safety. Taking a position like that, in a country like that, would make her a target for violence. That's also the case for the future students. I wonder if this will be brought up.

@faulty450 exactly...that's almost as bad as a minister going to North Korea to convert people. Very dangerous. Let the Duke fix the country first

That was awesome!

But she watered her argument down with the Viscount when she said that it wasn't a matter of national interests, because it also is that. Everyone does better when anyone does better. No one does better by being held down. So the more educated her country is, then by affiliation, proximity, and the natural order of things, it would be beneficial to the country of the Viscount. There's no such thing as political freedom without economic freedom. And there's no economic freedom without freedom of education. (Not free education, but the right to pursue education or personal growth as one deems fit.)

She had every right to be angry and lash back at the inspector. And I don't blame her for losing her temper. But I think it might have worked to her disadvantaged getting the inspector more worked up than he would have been if she hadn't blown up at him. It also gives him a better view of her strength, which he'll then report back to his boss. Ideally, I loved her blowing up at him. Practically though, it might have been in her best interest to just state the facts and stay calm.
But I could be wrong. And hope I'm wrong on this.

Users who are viewing this thread