Lady Evony - Vol. 2 Ch. 44

Of course someone weak could overwhelm someone who is dead drunk, though? Especially if they are on stairs. I mean stairs are the natural enemy of drunk people. I once lived in a house that had stairs that went in some sort of a circle, a neighbor once came home drunk and didn't make it up, so we found him somewhere downstairs sleeping 😂

Dex-chan lover
@GuessIt They're not really trying to assert that she had nothing to do with him falling down the stairs, they're pushing for "self defense" in the end here, as you might recall. This is mostly to counter the idea that she would have attempted to murder a man on purpose in such an unreliable manner. She has no guarantee she can overpower him, drunk or not and on the stairs or not. He's got that much of a physical advantage over her. She also has no guarantee that pushing him down that amount of stairs will do anything other than bruise him a bit.

They originally painted her as being a devious murderer with the first trial. But it's pretty hard be "devious" or the like with such a half-cocked murder plan that only managed to kill a dude through coincidence.

Can't wait to see the mental gymnastics that are about to be pulled out of this dude's ass after that cut and dry show of truth that was just presented.

Group Leader
I am amazed but I am terrified as well. Just the re-enactment proved how vulnerable Ebony was, let alone the terror she felt at that time. If this happens to anyone I know, I will never forgive the assaulter.

Really a knife???! I know the country is deeply on corruption but they weren't even trying.... say he fall, broke his neck and traces of poison were found would make so much more sense since she was the one filling their glasses.

No matter how you look at it his fake death may be less shameful than the actual one, but still a joke on such a patriarchal society. lol

Thank you for the chapter! They need to put a muzzle on the opposing side jeez. Poor Ebony though... It must've been so horrifying to experience what she went through 😭

Aggregator gang
That dude on the opposing side is a pitiful excuse for a lawyer. Starting to yell out the instant the defense starts their opening statement? Whoever certified him as a lawyer should be fired and thrown out on the streets.

Why do I feel the same vibes for this as a shonen fight scene. Lol. Still beautiful though. Juro is cute.

Double-page supporter
God this trial and the panel of Ebony no longer alone is making me emotional

Dex-chan lover
bark you pig- the fact that you have the gall to interrupt shows how unprofessional you are. get riled up and end your own career you fool.
Ebony! you're no longer alone- fighting!

Users who are viewing this thread