Lady Evony - Vol. 2 Ch. 51

Of course he has to do it personally, if he doesn't dig his own grave it's not nearly as much fun watching his end

besides the obvious stupidity of the asshole, i really like the relationship between Ebony and the others, it's so wholesome! And I like how she goes to her teacher's grave to tell her about being pronounced not guilty and about how she's in love and that's scary.

Love that Ebony was talking to Barbara about her love life and not the 'not guilty' verdict. I once spoke to a psychiatrist that worked with refugees and she said, she'd expected them to talk about the trauma of war, travelling across continents, etc. but all they ever wanted to talk about was their love life drama 🤣 So Ebony choosing to talk about her love life rather than the evrdict with her mentor is actually realistic.

I absolutely LOVE how the author tackles the love aspect in this story. It shows how scary it can be, and how one may want to possess the other but know at the same time that it shouldn't be like that. I also like how Ebony thinks that she should first be of equal standing (e.g. socially and financially) to the Duke and independent from him before indulging in her feelings.

Idiot. Get other people to take care of it. Make them not know who hired them too. He's just tightening the noose around his neck.

Yeah please go take care of it yourself you fucking idiot and walk right into the obvious trap. Honestly my heart was super heavy during the whole trial arc, so now I'm glad this major angst will be over and we can focus on Ebony changing the whole nation again!

Ty for the update.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter

Your not the one crying Ebony. Oh me? My eyes are just sweating.

Well Mr Sedell, will you jump head first into the trap?

Thank you for the chapter! I hope that guy gets some good karma 😉 but Ebonys scene with Barbara was so sweet 🥺

Thanks for the chapter! Totally a trap laid for that Bayard at the end, but he totally deserves it.

ngl that bit with the teacher made me tear up

Looking forward to seeing him caught in what's such an obvious trap lol

Dex-chan lover
Nice juxtaposition from wanting to be a good person's equal to wanting to do whatever it takes to keep your deeds in the dark. An equal comparison is made between the dead here: Ebony's conversation with her teacher versus the way her dead father seems to speak from the grave to implicate his murderer, both cases with the living and the dead being a kind of mirror of each other. That's some great writing and character development.

Users who are viewing this thread