Lamia Orphe Is Dead

@RubyG8396 I see what you mean! I guess since I'm here firstly for the plot and secondly for a very slowburn romance, I'm enjoying the story a lot more than a lot of readers who simply wanted a fantasy romance with a twist
I'm a big BIG fan of the enemies to lovers trope and the contrast of Lamia's understandable confusion and hate vs Aquila's puppy love is just my cup of tea. I love fiction dealing with time travel and time loops, plus the magic! It's a really interesting story so while I get it betrayed people's expectations, I'm personally intrigued and fairly happy. I do hope the romance will happen and I will be angry if it doesn't but I'm the "143 chapters before they even realize their feelings for each other" kind of person, so I'm actually excited for the rest of this manhwa! I think the romance is building up, despite the abyss that there is between them rn. This all depends on how long this will be - if it's gonna be done in a few chapter then I agree, it would be disappointing. But if we get another season, that's another thing entirely.

I'm excited for this one!! omg this is really interesting, I swear.... T_T Anyway, I want to thank the translators!!! <3

This is just my personal review of the series so far, so I do hope no one takes deep offense to this. Of course, any criticism is welcomed so long as you understand that my opinion may be different from yours.

Honestly, I remember dropping this series months ago when it only had around 10 or less chapters? Reading the rest of it now, I could sort of understand why I did. And why I'm doing it again.

While Lamia Orphe is Dead provides quite the compelling (albeit confusing) plot, I couldn't bring myself to enjoy any of it. Maybe it made me seem mindless, thinking that this would be the usual isekai type of story - but in consideration of that, I decided to put aside whatever story stereotypes I had in mind a few chapters in and decided to read the story for what it is.

But I seriously couldn't.

While I can sort of envision how the author wants this story to progress, I just can't get over how unlikable and two dimensional these characters are. The younger brother naïvety in the past was an understandable set up for a back story to his injury, but now all I ever see him as is someone with a sister-complex trying to act as a shield for his sister despite looking like he could barely even raise his sword against the 2nd prince. While I do understand that his past trauma shaped him to be that way, throughout these 30 or so chapters he barely had any character development aside from being able to remember the names of the banquet guests. Plus, the fact that he hid the entire story of his incident with the duke to his sister made me dislike him; the fact that his sister's doing so much to make him a suitable heir and he couldn't even trust her with this much is just beyond me, especially seeing how close they are with each other.

Lamia's character is no different. She's supposed to be portrayed as this smart woman who had the greatest potential to be a wise and capable heir, but with every chapter she just lets her emotions get to her and snaps back so quickly to others. While I understand that her and the duke begin as enemies, the way she's unable to keep her composure is unbefitting of a (supposed) potential heir. I just don't like her and she has no character growth. And I can't quite point out why, but I grew annoyed everytime she threw away or destroyed the flowers.

I get it, I get. She's supposed to be this strong, badass, independent female lead who doesn't need anyone but herself to empower her, but she comes off as too stubborn and impulsive.

The 2nd prince, as well, is another character I just can't get behind. While my isekai manhwa-tainted eyes is biased when it comes to these types of male leads, there's just something about him I can't quite settle with. The obsession maybe? The lack of reasoning? Idk but compared to the siblings I don't dislike him as much just because it does seem like he's making some attempts at repentance at least.

My guess is that the 2nd prince has probably gone back in time several times already, trying to save Lamia (thus the incredible amount of markings on him) but had failed every time. But with how spiteful towards the prince the author has made Lamia, I can't even imagine how they'll turn to friends (and lovers) in the future.

Overall, I can get with the story, but the characters are just making this too unlikeable.

For now, maybe I'll put this story on hold. Come back when the next season's chapters are complete (or maybe not, if some licensed webtoon company snags this) but I really hope I could come to like this somehow. And if I really can't, then at least I can say I tried my best.

To anyone who tells me "If you don't like it, don't read it," all I can say is...well, yes, that's sort of what I'm going to do. I didn't write this review to throw rotten eggs at people who loved it. I'm just giving my personal thoughts on the story. Anyone who loves this story is free to do so, and I can respect you for your choices, but I don't necessarily have to agree with them.

I sort of feel a little sorry for him? I mean he grew up hearing that one of the people he loved most was a witch and still got disrespected after her death. I don't know exactly how Lamia dies, but it seems like he's used his magic over and over to save her and didn't succeed once, maybe this time he will succeed but at the cost of her love towards him. To me at least I can tell he loves her, but is it love or obsession? The amount of times he's tried to save her as taken a toll on his body, hence the shaking and trembling when he's merely removing his clothing. And again... the mystery of how Lamia dies, and to whom is making my head hurt, does Aquila always hurt Uriels hand every time line? Surely something like that would cause her to hate him but obviously she loved him in past lives????? I'm just rambling at this point lmao.

@HikariGo actually I've had Reminiscent Adonis in my "read later" list for AGES so I think you're right on the mark with that :3

@JayCantRead

If I had to guess, he
returns to a fixed point in time which is far enough after the initial incident with her brother that he can't simply reverse the chain of events. Unfortunately, his shortsightedness also suggests that until this timeline, he couldn't give up his attempts at acquiring the female MC even when she has no reason to want to be with him, which leads to her denouncing him in the previously demonstrated dramatic fashion because his actions are completely nonsensical and creepy af to someone who doesn't know what he's been dedicating years to (no one does aside from the audience).

ngl despite being frustrated with lamia fr a while now, their childhood together was adorable. Im glad Lamia was already strong as a kid. Her frustration with the prince is also frustrating with me bc I rlly badly want her to just forgive him but it makes sense. I just hope she was a bit more perceiving of his reasons though

This story started out so good... but then it didn’t really go anywhere because NOTHING HAPPENED.

The mysterious setup was so cool and exciting but 40 chapters in we don’t have any developed characters or storylines. We only have the basic premise/story that everyone kinda understood within 10 chapters.

Expected something like Reminiscence Adonis or The Investigator of Mueller but came up with nothing.

Just dropped my rating. :( This really did start off so interesting but I feel like nothing much has developed past the first set of chapters. I'm going to give it some more time because I really like the premise of the story.

Thank you to the translators.

This story is super frustrating, I dont like Lamia or Uri. I am probably going to drop this series. But I agree with a lot of the criticisms in the comments while the story was somewhat interesting the characters ruined it for me (well expect for the 2nd prince)
I am assuming the 2nd prince has gone back multiple times to try and save her to the point where he doesn't care if she hates him, he just wants her to live when it gets to spring. But he is also at the point where he can no longer hide his feelings for her. But after all those chapters Lamia and Uri made like no character developments.

I am not the only one who kinda hate both Lamia and Uri now. What would please them? They xan't even listen to someone's sincere apology and Aquila's attempt were all trampled and spitted. Fck......

Fed-Kun's army
This is the kind of manhwa where you wanna leave it for years and come back later when it has 100+ more chapters cause we got 40 chapters but doesn't have much plot development. All it did was presenting the same misunderstanding repetitively and we haven't yet to know "why" and "how"

And
and I could kinda guess where's the story going to, considering Lamia and her brother told the 2nd prince to fuck off forever, she's gonna realize that she was wrong all along when she finds out the true enemy which is likely the 1st prince, cause you know two faced psycho childhood friend trope and he's a rival prince. If the 2nd prince truly had gone back time infinite times, the only happy ending for him is succesfully save Lamia but sacrifice himself in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread