Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 10 Ch. 75 - Wish

Double-page supporter
Tbh im still waiting for the story to go back to actual important shit like restoring the gems or essentially killing everyone on the moon through prayer. This feels like its derailing and im not even sure what even is going to be the point of it.

Are they going to be at peace with the gems for real now? Will Aechmea stop wanting to die and stick around forever and force his ppl too??? Even though he admits existence is painful for his kind, so who knows how long will that last.

Im really confused at this

@ZazTheClaz All joking aside? I doubt they will ever do any of the two. So far Ichikawa made her characters asexual and agender with mostly non organic bodies (the microorganisms inside them, the "inclusions", are another deal tho). With the exception of the Admirabilis, of course. Also we know how gems are made, and how at the moon is impossible to recreate an entire gem out of synthetic material (something to do with lack of inclusions in then, an organic lifeform). Even if he wanted to, it would be impossible with the current infornation.

I am still bothered by how little the gems react to anything. Aechmea murdered their kin, their friends etc. Yet they have no issues watching his love-show on a tv, like all is forgotten. What was the point of showing their shock and distress when arriving, if they are going to act vain in the end? Same goes to Cairngorm. Except his case is worse because suddenly we are told he was depressed all along because of reasons (PLOT) and now this.

Dex-chan lover
Lunarian gay boi admitted that he was waiting for Cairn.
He must've known about the her/him/it having a split personality (probably from spying or an observation during a battle).
So he either fell in love with her after he saw her (so he kept her uand after they caught it once, but I doubt that he fell in love on sight) or he's using her as a way to prove his trustworthiness to the defecting gems (potentially to trick them, idk though).

Fed-Kun's army
Nasty... when will he stop using and manipulating... Adamant either send him off or lock the man up, he's fucking up everyone he comes into contact with

Fed-Kun's army
"light of heart" is this not just another distraction and a temporary pleasure in their stretched and dull lives? This is no closer to what they want

Dex-chan lover
@ A-Tan

The thing is almost all now understand that Lunar People didn't aim to kill for the sake of killing. Their main target is become nothingness, n the key is Adamie (plus Lunar People promised to bring back the shattered gem). Thats why even the spiteful grudgeful lunar people maniac Alexandrite decided to help in fighting her family.

I still think at the beginning that Lunar People is not bad people (I hope I'm not wrong). That's why I can accept n make sense what Prince have done n wanna do...

But, now the ball is on Phos... on how to decide the life of 3 races: Gem, Lunar People, n The Snail Kingdom

not a big fan of what's happening between Lunarian dude and Cairn but I am glad the other gems (Phos, especially Phos) are getting a break from their monthly suffering to eat some shiny food, also their collective freak out over the kiss brought me back to the good ol' days where they were all happy

Dex-chan lover
What if Aechmea's trying to make the gems as fed up with life as the Lunarians are, so that they too will ask Sensei to pray for them all? Having the Gem ask Sensei to pray for the Lunarians probably wouldn't work, as Sensei doesn't obey the Gems, but maybe he's programmed to pray for the Gems themselves should they ask for it, and maybe his prayer would then release the Lunarians as well.
Mind you, I don't believe that Sensei's prayers would actually solve anything, but the Lunarians seem to believe it would, so the plan could make sense from their p.o.v..

Dex-chan lover
YO MAN THEY ARENT GIRLS THIS SHITS PHYSICALLY GAY RN SOUND THE GODDAMN ALARM

Fed-Kun's army
@boldmonkey it's like %99 sure sensei already prayed for the moon "dog" and nothing more came of that so it seems second-hand praying is not a thing

Dex-chan lover
because we enjoy seen all this SUFFERING, that's why.

Dex-chan lover
The last couple of pages are sublime.
Man I never get what I expect in these chapters. What a ride.

Users who are viewing this thread