Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 11 Ch. 84 - The Night Before

Just in time for Eren to also go off the deep end. Both him and Phos now have the opposite goal they started with.
And Phos looks kinda cute now with that sharp mouth and unamused expression.

It seems Phos has pieced it together that Adamant's prayer would destroy the gems as well. If I had to guess from the foreshadowing there's a significant memory that Phos will get back when he takes his eye back... but part of the reason this series is so good is that it places foreshadowing and then resolves it in really surprising ways so I really have no idea what's going to happen. If I had to guess Cinnabar has the best chance of changing Phos' trajectory but it wouldn't be surprising if he were somehow sacrificed in the process.

The downfall of Phos throughout this entire story and the tragedy of the entire situation with the gems is nothing short of fantastic. Fuck I love this series, it appears we're at the endgame too. Man what a great month it's been, a top-tier SnK chapter, a top-tier JJL chapter and now a top-tier set-up chapter for the end game of HnK.

Dex-chan lover
It might've been too long, but I feel like I've forgotten what exactly is going on. Is Phos threatening or bribing the gems (I've forgotten who everyone is)? Are the lunarian gems helping Phos out of a hatred for earth gems or for a wish for Adamant to be happy? Is Phos trying to kill all the Gems out of resentment for how they treated him and taking Adamant away from him or in order to get them out of the way for the salvation of lunarians and Adamant being able to fulfill his purpose?

Dex-chan lover
please mind that every part of the gems' body contains their memory; phos has lost much, he might have forgotten himself

Fed-Kun's army
@sn89hh

Yeah, I think Pho's knowledge that the gems will ascend too is why they are not concerned for the ground up gems, and not some newly found sense of inhumanity. Oh, Antarctite.

@Owlblade Currently Phos hold 5 or maybe 6 of the 7 treasures of the Buddhism, and as someone already pointed out that in previous arc Phos's alloy forming blooming lotus and then withering lotus. Therefore I think the leaf formed in this chapter should refer to leaf of Sacred fig (Bodhi Tree) the tree which Gautama Buddha sat under at the time of his Enlightenment.

So, whatever gonna happen in next arc I think we are really close to the end and my guess is as Phos suffer so much he will achieve Nirvana at the end.

@boyoat I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but I wonder if there's a possibility that if Phos achieves some form of Enlightenment, perhaps combined with the human DNA in the left eye, that Phos may eventually be able to pray the Lunarians away in Adamant's stead while leaving the gems around. That's one possibility that's not just an endless descent into suffering at least.

@sn89hh That’s what I am thinking about as well since she got the flesh, bones, and soul(?) kind of. I actually don’t know about the soul part bc the Lunarians didn’t really insert part of themselves into her, only gave her artificially made things and clothing, but somehow she was able to get adamant to pray, thus adamant recognizes her as a human now. Doesn’t that mean she can pray for them all, I mean that is the best ending. but where did u get the human dna eye from? i don’t remember any human DNa at all.

@sillymangareader
what do u mean? we literally saw earlier how Pho’s can force adamant to pray. Pho’s just tryin to die out here now. But yeah, she is capable of making Adamant pray, and if the earth gems didn’t get in the way, they all wouldn’t ascended already

@boyoat
what did u think will happen when she reaches Nirvana? also sorry I dont know much about Buddhism but what other treasures does she need?

I guess Phos has the right idea,,, can't suffer anymore when everyone's dead

@pinkeree "but where did u get the human dna eye from? i don’t remember any human DNa at all."
Ch.56 "Synthetic Pearl" pages 9 and 19 (10 and 20 on mangadex). 'You see that moving white thing? That's a human particle.' If that's not just a strand of DNA it surely contains DNA. Implanting that within the synthetic pearl eye was how Achmea got Phos to pass Adamant's 'authentication requirement'.
There is one looming question though: why did the people who made Adamant include the authentication requirement to begin with? There weren't gems or lunarians they had to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread