Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 11 Ch. 86 - The Onset

@mimicking
it's disheartening to see that dia is still hung up on bortz but bortz seemed to have never cared. at first a battle maniac, now they're content with a peaceful life and looks so apathetic towards dia while gently gazing at cinnabar, it makes me frustrated for dia
You know it occurs to me that bortz became like this because they cared about dia. They were a battle maniac since thats what they needed to be to keep the gems that were important to them (dia) from being taken. Now this had the issue of causing dia to feel horrible since bortz was able to stand out and be the best at literally everything. I think that bortz may have internalized the issue and not know how to handle it since well.....they are the problem and fighting is necessary since the lunarians keep attacking.
Once dia left for the moon bortz realized that their battle maniac ways led to dia wanting to leave for the moon on their own. Notice after the night raid they were suddenly much more mellow? the reason they fought so hard left for the moon and then after phos was taken out the lunarians stopped attacking. So they realized that they dont need to be the battle maniac anymore and turned to what they liked (jellyfish farming/breeding) and let their feelings for Dia become distant since he confirmed that Dia did leave on their own. Bortz has been shown to be very perceptive with psychological issues with the other gems with regards to combat (told zircon about how their constant worry about yellow makes them a weaker fighter) so they would be able to analyze the best way to handle dia. Now with dia on the lunarians side attacking them bortz is telling them the truth and provoking them to draw them into a protracted battle to give the other gems time to prepare. So its not that they never cared but they didnt know how to handle it until it was too late and they found their own purpose.

Welp, things have gone downhill real quick.

Phos literally having no common sense of communication and made the earth gems angry added fuel to the fire. The earth gems stayed arrogant and didn't question anything about what Phos said just made things worse. And now we have an endgame on our hands.

At this point I just want things to end. Everybody suffered enough. Just let them live in peace. (However we all know that that's never going to happened)

Fed-Kun's army
@Ghostcake
Why does Phos need to give them the right of communication, when they didn't give him the right of communication when he went there unarmed. The earth gems wasted all of Phos' good will with their previous treatment of him.

@Ghostcake
Why does Phos need to give them the right of communication, when they didn't give him the right of communication when he went there unarmed. The earth gems wasted all of Phos' good will with their previous treatment of him.
@jaw20
Because phos explicitly and unconditionally betrayed them. They didnt seem to fully realize that betraying adamant was actually betraying ALL the earth gems.

"b-but nothing happened this chapter"
1. the lunarian army arrived
2. Alex deactivated - seems like it's played up only for laughs, but I wouldn't bet money that it's not going to be relevant to how this all plays out (e.g. Alex berserking out at the worst time)
3. emotional/introductory part of the clash between Dia and Bort that has been stewing for 80+ chapters. If you think this is "nothing" you haven't been watching or you're too ADHD for this series

That was rather unexpected, Dia doing the Idol thing where the fans mob haters, its a real thing and it happened

After the "let's bury Phos for some hundreds of years!" thing, I'll be really angry if this ends up without any repercusions for the earth gems. Not trying to say Phos did nothing wrong, but oh boy how can you even compare their actions.

At this point, I have no idea how this could work out.

Phos isn't is their right mind, the moon gems are along for the ride, and the earth gems aren't about to listen. Nobody is in the right.

that's really sad...i don't feel like they're themselves. the artificial parts were most likely manipulated before they were included onto the gems, there's little hints in achmea's dialogue. poor dia, i really hate what she's become...

Users who are viewing this thread