Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 12 Ch. 89 - Enma

@Mira995
so what broke Adamant ? the meteorite did hit him but he was able to prey for a while ? did he stop because the lunaries left are "bad" people ? I think this is more about how "bad" deed isn't forgoten in the afterlife

Page 10, Barbata says "A long line of people formed. But, considering the endless repairs he would need, if Adamant stopped before you, nobody would have been able to keep sane."
Maybe it's the translation but what I gather is that praying wears down Adamant over time and he needs repairs and maintenance. It sounds like they were able to do so before, so my guess would be that the Lunarians that could fix him (enough to run anyways) were in the upper castes and have all been prayed into nothingness.
That, or after enough use he broke down in a totally un-fixable way.

So he really meant it when he said his own people were trash. The only moon people left are the ones with the most negative karma.

Also, after rogue AI, it only makes sense to restrain other sentient machines. Seems Adamant is the victim of over-correcting on that front.

Dex-chan lover
On the surface, it sounds great that a human-derived society finally learned to judge individuals solely by the content of their character, but I really wonder just how, exactly, those people occupying the lowest rung of society were forced into the pit. Unless we're missing information, like the possibility that virtuous souls have greater physical prowess, I don't see how such a caste system can be enforced by anything other than a tyrannical majority that labeled people as wicked for their own convenience.

Also I find it funny how Adamant's older brother decided humanity needed to take an L. Whoever designed him really thought it'd be great to create a robot that could simultaneously judge humanity and calculate meteor flight paths. Nah, nothing could go wrong with that.

@marcopolonian I'm curious about the author playing Animal Crossing you said, any source? Just curious how her game play would be.

@doorken @MagicalCarcrash I don't get the joke, mind to explain?
The author playing Animal Crossing was mentioned in their Author notes in of the chapters (look through chaps 60-80 I think). And the joke (at least by doorken I think) was that when an author of a manga gets super caught up in a game, the manga readers suffer as the chapters will be put on hold. So what the mangaka plays is important as it could be at the cost of the readers enjoyment lol

Users who are viewing this thread