Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 12 Ch. 92 - Night

Dex-chan lover
@pajamawolfie omg yes. I love this art style when you can tell what’s going on - the harsh b&w is so striking - but the mangaka needs to do better in some of these scenes T_T

Dex-chan lover
Anyway yay Cinnaphos fusion
I can’t wait for the next chapter T_T and when I have enough money I really want to buy this series, it’s so beautiful

Dex-chan lover
@ki4x

And I CANNOT tell the gems apart to save my life, especially since their hair keeps getting cut shorter and shorter, and their arms cracking off, etc. The stark black and white is a really cool style, but since the series is about gemstones, it feels kinda like a ripoff sometimes. What I liked most about the anime was seeing all the colorful gem people. (I hadn't even heard of the manga)

Double-page supporter
@comedyxtragedy

I can get behind Phos's plan because at least he is taken direct action to exterminate the moon plague. Everyone else (including the gems that went with him to the moon) grew complacient.

I get they are both being used, and maybe that's exactly why Phos is telling this to Cinnabar, because he knows the moon bastards are using him and hiding information from him, but also he just doesn't care anymore. He got to the breaking point already.

I can get behind Phos's plan because at least he is taken direct action to exterminate the moon plague. Everyone else (including the gems that went with him to the moon) grew complacient.

I get they are both being used, and maybe that's exactly why Phos is telling this to Cinnabar, because he knows the moon bastards are using him and hiding information from him, but also he just doesn't care anymore. He got to the breaking point already.
@A-tan

That was...more or less.......aechmeas plan from the start.
Aechmea entire time manipulating phos was to reach this point. Every gem capttured since the series started were important to phos in one way or another. aechmea planned and succeeded in breaking phos psychologically by putting them in a impossible task (if they succeeded despite that itwould be over anyway) until they are so broken that they wont care if everyone dies. Thats the only reason aechmea was so solicitous with phos yet restricted their help severely once phos came to the moon (notice how little the lunarians actually did once phos showed up?). In addition making phos unstable by taking away phos companions kept them too off balance to actually be a effective agent. Its why aechmea seduced cairn and revealed that they couldnt bring antarc back. The gem restoration project was stopped immediately after phos got captured and buried.....for some reason. So yeah the entire series was aechmea trying to break phos psychologically to lead them here.

I cant get behind phos plans since they were led to believe certain aspects of the world were one way but aechmea either lied or deliberately misinterpreted them to make phos less likely to actually be effective. Also killing (yes actually killing) all the gems is phos plan and the earth gems at least dont want to die. Phos (not knowing about the prayer killing them all) plans to capture and dust ALL the gems and scatter them all over to prevent reconstruction. Then force adamant to pray for them and the lunarians. They probably still believe it would just affect the lunarians so they do plan to dust themselves after the lunarians are gone. It wont work due to adamants restrictions and being truly broken so im not sure what the plan will be after phos reaches him.

Remember, Cairngorm was not seduced. And both Aechmea and Sensei is not bad people. Remember, the rules or Karma, Dharma, Fo, Amibatbha. There is no bad creature in this story. Just conflicts

Man, every panel looked exquisite. We desperately need more anime seasons cause I want to see all this shit animated.

Oh fun fact! Mercury forms an amalgam when it comes into contact with gold, meaning that part of Phos' alloy is being eaten up by Cinnabar's mercury during the battle.
EDIT: turns out mercury amalgamates with gold even if it is involved in an alloy already, oops. But that doesn't change the fact that there will be platinum remaining. However Cinnabar has an unlimited amount whereas Phos has a limited amount.

Users who are viewing this thread