Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 9 Ch. 70 - First Light

Group Leader
Just the sheer fact that Phos can fight Bort 1on1 is astounding, but Padpa is just op as all hell, haha.

Welp, let's turn the gem suffering up to 11 now, shall we~

Dex-chan lover
There's no incentive for the lunarians to betray Phos, so Cairngorm action must be within the scope of rescuing.

Furthermore, they didn't take the other shattered gems. So in this case, Lunarians fully respect Phos plans.

In other side, Adamie's disappearance may be related with pacifist euclase's plans which seek the best ending where all gems will unite for once again. Because if he enter the fray before Bortz vs Phos and Pad vs Quack battles, all will be resolved without those gems understanding each other

It's been a while since I read the last chapter. My memory of the current plot is a bit fuzzy but hey,more suffering is always welcome.

Dex-chan lover
I dont think Cairngorm meant anything by crushing Phos face. If anything thats just classic Cairngorm.

I'm noticing how so much of the art and action is outside of the borders this chapter. I don't think Ichikawa has done this much before, aside from sound effects. It's really cool!

"if i go there bortz gonna come out , isnt he"
Phos Goes There And Bortz Comes Out

Dex-chan lover
I'm got to admit I'm finding it extremely hard to follow along with these last ten chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
Why can't they pray and not the teacher? I kinda missed when that was ruled out.

This chapter was brutal. It went from a series that was pretty light, though with a lot of tragedy, to downright harrowing.

this chapter was a bit messy panel wise
made it hard to figure out wtf was going on . . .
i can kinda garner what went down thx to the comments tho

I think his connection to humans is why Adamant is the only one who can pray.

Also this has been great so far. Not at all where i thought this was going after i finished the anime.

Dex-chan lover
Why can't they pray and not the teacher? I kinda missed when that was ruled out.

You didn't miss anything, it wasn't explained. Sensei obviously isn't an actual human, but he was designed to make his prayers work. He probably has something that everyone else currently lacks.

Users who are viewing this thread