Land of the Lustrous

Btw, reading the comments in the chapters where people here lament the "suffering" of Phos, it highlights the difference of view between a newcomer reader and who is following this series since years.

To a newcomer like me who just arrived straight from chapter 1 to 88 in a short marathon, the impression of the suffering of Phos was not so impressive, since it:
1. was happy and dandy trying the least strategy to unarmed "talk no jutsu" wich failed, just few chapters ago. 2. Entered in "gem coma" until be partially repaired by Adamant. 3. Got rescued. 4. Now is back to revenge. The Antartic loss and grief was deeper IMHO.

BUT i can understand how that view is totaly different for who had to slowly read that 4 steps above for months or more than 1 year.

Every new chapter i ask myself this question.
It's known that humans could pray for the souls, and even Adamant, that's not a human, could.
So, why gems can't pray for the lunarians too? this would also avoid the destruction of earth.

Group Leader
@cenotaffio Gems aren't human, so they cannot pray. As I understand it, Adamant was created specifically to pray, so that's why only he can do it.

Adamant was built with aaaallll the requirements of buddhist theologic manbo jambo that is too complex to us to even imagine without 14 years of philosophy school.

The Gems are just sentient minerals that act childishly even after a triple millenia of life.

No, i guess they can't do the job.

Hey, for theme of fiction, we have post-apocalyptic cyberpunk.

Also post-apocalyptic steampunk.

Is HnK a post-apocalyptic Theopunk themed story?

Adamant hardcore, the Machine of Faith!

Users who are viewing this thread