LandLadyankee! ~My Apartment Life with a Yankee Landlord~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
As a grown ass man who never grew out from hating veggies, I feel with the dude. I rather pick and separate all the veggies and swallow them whole before I actually start eating the food proper.

Dex-chan lover
Cooked carrots are disgusting and one of the only fruits or vegetables I actively avoid. The texture to me is the main problem. I hate mushy savory food.

The nutrition angle is a lie as well. There are tons of other great sources of Beta-Keratin available, like Sweet Potatoes, Kale/Spinach any dark leafy green, Romaine, Cantaloupe, Butternut Squash, Apricots, Broccoli and Colored Bell peppers. All of which are far superior ingredients than carrots in my opinion.

I don't mind raw carrots though, or even vinegar/acid "cooked" carrots like in cole slaw. But cooked carrots can F right off, and there are tons of great alternatives.

No one says capsicum in english. Should be translated to "bell peppers". Or im guessing from the context it should be "green peppers"

wait, carrot is sweet? there might be a little bit sweetness from it but it's not something I consider as sweet like another tubers crop

Contributor
@Rak25
page2: "to much force" ---> "too much force"

And as @leonfire99 mentioned, "capsicum" is technically correct, but pretty much never used in casual contexts like this.
If it was "piiman/ピーマン", then it's "green (bell) peppers"; if it was "paprika/パプリカ", then it's "yellow/red (bell) peppers".

Bell peppers are the Japanese equivalent of broccoli or brussels sprouts when it comes to "least liked vegetable among children".
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2015/07/17/food/history-vegetable-hated-japanese-children/

Dex-chan lover
The dudes fairly useless (who the fuck can't cut a carrot?), but he's not wrong about cooked carrots. They're way too sweet to go in anything other than cake.

Dex-chan lover
So many picky eaters in the comments, lol. The only stuff I can't eat and won't eat are the things that actively cause me pain like spicy foods or stuff I'm allergic to.

Dex-chan lover
@Ultenth Yea, I myself think most of vegetables are pretty much wasted when cooked.
Though there are very specific dishes that require cooking vegetables to work.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
I guess that is a good way to eat the things you hate.

@kwendy Honestly, there are a lot of vegetables that taste better when cooked (mostly because nobody eats them raw).

The recipes "i know of" are mostly chinese in nature though.

Also I have no idea what all those vegetables are called in english.

@DeOneChester There are a lot of spicy things (like 70%) in my country so that makes you a picky eater here xD. As for me, the things absolutely hate are "fruits" besides tomato, cucumber and colored peppers... "Internal organs" (head included) and fishballs. I will force myself to eat it though. Except internal organs. Never touching those.

Users who are viewing this thread