Last Karte - Houjuuigakusha Touma Kenshou no Kioku - Ch. 85 - Killer Whale Part 5

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.

The discussion get a bit deeper and darker than usual (no pun intended) especially with Machiko’s story mixed in.

Dex-chan lover
That is so sad, them wanting to show their best in front of their child but it resulting in their death instead. Although I wonder how come the kid is still alive (if he is really the one sending the letter)

Dex-chan lover
Fuck I was just done crying from the previous chapter and bam, here we are again. Thanks for all your hard work!

Group Leader
Series announced to end somewhere between chapters 94-96. (they announced date, instead of specific chapter)

Looks like it's NOT an axe. In the same month it's ending, it also got color page. (besides this sales and Toc of the series were doing good)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Communal altruism is a thing in science already, where the rate of altruism is still high even amount no related individuals if they live in close knit communities. Bats was the big example, where they would share their blood meals with others in the same colony even if they aren't related, but they nest together so they are effectively family. Pods are usually related to a large degree so the rate of altruism would already be beneficial to be high since their own genes are being propagated technically still if they save another member of the pod.

But that's just the raw science of it. There are far more complex interactions involved that we simply will never able to quantify, or not at least for a long time. There have been reports of rituals coming up up in some species but it's kinda a delicate topic because scientists dont want to be ridiculed for talking about ideas that can't be "proven." Altruism is theoretically not a trait that would be passed down, since it usually would decrease their fitness, but the truth of the matter is so much more complex. I also fully believe spite exists and can continue among wild populations, especially after working with raccoons, little fuckers. It's an interesting few chapters for sure, it certainly delves into things I don't even see American scientist talking about, let alone Japanese ones

Users who are viewing this thread