Last updated is affected by things other than chapter uploads.

This may not be a bug, but sorting by Last Updated does not sort series by most recently uploaded chapter. Other changes seem to be included as well.
For instance, at this moment, This search Will show Solo Leveling as having been updated 30 minutes ago(around 04:50 UTC). However, the most recent chapter upload was 5 days ago.

This affects all places where you can sort by Last Updated. (Follows>Manga, MDList (eg. FireFish5000), Search).

This does NOT affect similar pages without the sort option (Latest Updates, Follows, MD Home).

If this is the intended result then I have 2 questions:
1) What all affects Last Updated (description updates, tags, covers, uploads in non-shown languages)?
2) Why should we want to sort by them? (eg. if new tags added to a manga updates it, then a reasonable argument would be "because it is a new result you may not have gotten from previous searches". Though, I do not believe that argument would hold for Follows>Manga/MDList, it is understandable at least)

Note, it has been doing this for at least a few days (i believe since that sort by option was implemented). I held off on reporting to give time for things to stabilize a bit.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
It's affected by uploads in any language.

By the way, this is also one of the oldest standing complaints on the site. Holo tried fixing it in the early days, infamously causing the site to slow down to a crawl. We'll try to re-address the issue eventually.

Ah! I thought that might be the case. But it seemed odd that you wouldn't filter that by language when you did do so for the follows page....

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Follows work a little differently. Fixing the issue hasn't been a high priority since it's more of a minor inconvenience than a real problem.

Well, I'll look forwards to it one day in the future. Its not a big issue, just confusing and a small let down(the brief moment of excitement you get thinking one of your favorite series has been updated). Only way it would be real troublesome is if you used MDList/follows>manga for finding latest updates. But Home>Follows replaced any need for that.

Users who are viewing this thread