Lazy-chan who seduces you with a mysterious theory on January. - Oneshot

Description says -
Spending every moment being lazy, that is lazy-chan.
Well, even if we go along with this weird theory, today is the last day you can laze around.

(1. weird theory refers to the joke explained below
2. since this was posted on 31st Jan, the author is saying that even with this theory tomorrow is Feb 1 so today is the last day
3. descriptions under pixiv posts are seldom used as author comments, so this "description" won't actually make any sense until you read the manga)

wordplay joke which cannot be properly translated to EN explained.

ほら「正月」って一月のことだしー...
一月未までは「正月休み」ってことにしてさ~...
...ダメ?

you see, since "正月" means January/first monthー...
I'm taking a "正月 vacation" till the end of January~...
...is it no good?

正月 (shougatsu) - new year, first month.

This joke has a language nuance behind it, 正月 refers to the beginning of the new year or the time period during which new year is celebrated i.e. the month which begins the new year, so 正月 is 一月(January). There is also a bunch of other history associated with the word 正月.

End of year holidays start on 24 Dec and last till mid Jan for schools (dependent upon the region).

p.s, In the 2nd last panel she is saying "hey... you also want to be lazy under the kotatsu, right?".

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Description says -
Spending every moment being lazy, that is lazy-chan.
Well, even if we go along with this weird theory, today is the last day you can laze around.

(1. weird theory refers to the joke explained below
2. since this was posted on 31st Jan, the author is saying that even with this theory tomorrow is Feb 1 so today is the last day
3. descriptions under pixiv posts are seldom used as author comments, so this "description" won't actually make any sense until you read the manga)

wordplay joke which cannot be properly translated to EN explained.

ほら「正月」って一月のことだしー...
一月未までは「正月休み」ってことにしてさ~...
...ダメ?

you see, since "正月" means January/first monthー...
I'm taking a "正月 vacation" till the end of January~...
...is it no good?

正月 (shougatsu) - new year, first month.

This joke has a language nuance behind it, 正月 refers to the beginning of the new year or the time period during which new year is celebrated i.e. the month which begins the new year, so 正月 is 一月(January). There is also a bunch of other history associated with the word 正月.

End of year holidays start on 24 Dec and last till mid Jan for schools (dependent upon the region).

p.s, In the 2nd last panel she is saying "hey... you also want to be lazy under the kotatsu, right?".
oh ok thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread