Lazy Dungeon Master - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - Management pondering

Dex-chan lover
@Celo747 I haven't checked out any raws but from experience, I expect it's apprentice アプレンチス in katakana or minarai 見習い , so I don't know where the d comes out. So I count that as a translation error.

Dex-chan lover
the translation is okay, thank you for the chapter !!

The translation wasn't the best, but I've seen much worse. Not only is it actually readable, you uploaded daily! Thanks for the work, hope to see you again.

Fed-Kun's army
a readable translation, cant complain about that. I really hope this continues long enough for me to see some of my favorite parts.

Dex-chan lover
I finally gave up to my curiosity and decided to find out what a "silky" is. It's a wereseal. So you can see it as a weird middle ground between werewolves and mermaids. Celtic folklore is weird.

Dex-chan lover
@SeryjVolk Sorta? I mean Selkies are a seal human hybrid too I guess, but as I recall it's more like "a magical seal that can look like a person when it casts off it's pelt" whereas things like werewolves are often people who are cursed, thus initially people instead of initially a seal. Not always, I guess.

Ultimately they're both animal shapeshifters, yeah.

Thanks much for the translation. It's been one of my favorite web novels to read and seeing the manga version translated is seriously cool.

Selkies seem to be different from silkies.

According to the book The Fairy Bible: The Definitive Guide to the World of Fairies written by Teresa Moorey, the Silky is a female fairy from the borders of Scotland, known to "wear rustling silk as she does household chores" and "terrorizes lazy servants".

@Milanin you're confusing translation errors with spelling errors. they're not the same.

for example, translating 魔女 (majo) as "Demon Woman" is a translation error (it's witch), but translating Majo as "With" or "Widch" is a spelling error, not a TL error. it's translated properly, it's just spelled wrong. if written in a sentence, the vast majority of the time you'll figure out what word they meant almost instantly due to context. with translation errors, however, it's the difference between a demoness with goat hooves and horns, and a girl on a broomstick. suddenly "The Witch's House" becomes Helltaker.

a paper filled with spelling and grammar errors will be readable, if mildly annoying, as we're good at fixing such errors automatically in our heads (which is why proof reading is so important, since writers will mentally auto-correct their errors and thus never notice them. even the first proof reader will typically miss some of them, so you generally need 2-3). but a perfectly spelled paper filled with translation errors will be nigh-unreadable and indecipherable. MTL is a perfect example. I'd much rather have a single person butcher english but translate it properly than have a machine spell mistranslations correctly.

Thank you much for putting the time and effort into translating this! Would love to see more but take care of yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread