Least favorite anime ending?

Double-page supporter
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, not because it was bad i just didnt know what i was getting into and then shit started hitting the fan.

Also Amaama to Inazuma felt pretty underwhelming..... just get together already for fucks sake (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Double-page supporter
@Superioreos
Damn, a lot my friends also hate the ending, but to me it is really relatable and it is probably my favorite Makoto Shinkai's works.Its really helps when i felt stressed and depressed as the ending really shows that sometimes you have to let go you past to move forward.Still i'm surprised that people did not see it coming as the second part/episode really foreshadowing that the MC will not ended up with the first girl.

And if you want a "good" ending and more complete story read the manga.The third girl barely shown in the anime so if u want to read it i suggest to read it from chapter 7 as the first and second part of the anime is just the same with manga.

The manga really shows that how pathetic the MC have become than in anime which just cutscene after cutscene of the MC being sad and depressed with a sad bgm. The ending also adds more meaning to the story as he ended up reunite with the second girl like the ending of Kimi No Nawa that did not shown in the anime. Also there more symbolism added in the train intersection scene where after the MC leaving the intersection, there the first girl in a child form waving him goodbye which i think hits harder.

@Makahiya Manga ending aside, in anime they had such good way to end anime, the whole Pieta town being annihilated and most of the Claymore's killed. That was basically the best way to end anime, maybe with some more footage after timeskip, when Clarice and others get saved by "ghosts", thus this ending acting as a bridge for possible next season. I don't think that would be possible to explain current ending of this anime in next season, if there was any in plans.

On another note, Panty and Stockings also had stupid ending.

Power Uploader
No. 6, anime completely butchered the ending. Something about compressing 4 volumes into 2 episodes with material dropped from earlier didn't work.

Edit: somehow missed that this thread was old, oh well

Dex-chan lover
Any ending where the main character's romantic interest dies, usually at least. it can feel like a cheap gimmick meant to add unnecessary drama. like ah, it's the ending so I guess we can just kill whoever we want now.
Some examples:

Gurran Lagann

Guilty Crown (bad to begin with)

World End (It was at least leading up to it though)

Penguindrum. Not the ending itself, but by the time credits rolled in I was still wondering about things like "why mecha bear specifically", "where did Sanetoshi came from", or "is Yuri actually a man, or her lover was referring to the scars", among others, thus diminishing emotional payoff.

Probably warrants rewatching, but since I don't do that... stupefied. Great music tho.

And Makoto Shinkai makes best uplifting endings.

As a being who exists in multiple temporal periods.... You'll all be surprised at the end of One Piece. Unless in this time its already ended....

Id also like to warn people about Bill Cosby.

@kjr18 Yep, thank God the anime ended in a good note but that's because they had intended it to happen since the manga was far from over at that time. Still, it's free to add a continuation season if they want to. I wish it would happen and then make some improvements in the storyline... -Nah, who am I kidding. 😂

Anyway, I watched Panty and Stocking but did not pass more than 3 episodes. I just didn't feel much up to it before, I guess. But let me check now that you mentioned it. 🧐

Users who are viewing this thread