Least favorite anime ending?

For me it's Claymore. They had perfect opportunity to make great ending, but instead they did that stupid ending. Anyone who read Claymore, know what I'm talking about.

Group Leader
Devilman Crybaby. It's pretty similar to the ending in the manga, but I can't stand Crybaby's Satan, I feel he was a much inferior version of the original.
The way I see it, the original Satan is a once righteous "man" who knows that he made some mistakes and that those mistakes made him lose everything. On the other hand, Crybaby Satan is a moron who does things without thinking and lost everything because of his incompetence, but because he is so stupid, he doesn't even realize it.
Because Satan plays such an important part in the ending, disliking him makes me hate the ending as a whole.

Dex-chan lover
Gamers. The last episode was funny but profoundly annoying. It looks better over time, though.

Trigun

Letting a serial killer off the hook isn't the best idea, regardless of how much the show wants to preach LOVE AND PEACE. The anime didn't really have any character development for Knives to imply that he wasn't going to continue killing as he pleased.

I dont really hate endings unless its from an anime I really care about. I usually feel dissapointment but nothing too grand. Sometimes I feel its okay either they end bland or when it ended and wrapped nicely. A big plus for ending nicely and neatly though, since theres closure for it.

But there's one anime I really loathed the ending. Not because it sucks, it was an intense ride even the ending for sure. I hated it because I will never see a second season of it I think ever again. I did read the manga after but still, it got flak from already fans of the show because of the retroscope animation used. I feel like theres no chance of it being adapted again. Well, from western fans perspective anyway. I dont know what Japanese fans of this series thinks.

As much I love it, the ending was a huge cliffhanger to something far more greater. Itd be nice to see another work from this author gets adapted to anime but, seeing Aku no Hana gets underappreciated and attacked by fans themselves for the direction of the animation style, I just feel sad and frustrated for the ending.

I dont recall the name (must have blocked the memory) it was during a romance genre phase I had but from what I recall
it was about a love triangle where the Mc started a band with friend and 2 girls, one them he had a crush on, the other was a transfer student who he later end up dating because she asked him out (I think) he later find out that the girl he had a crush on also liked him, he then banged his crush on his gf birthday, the crush had some sort of choice to move with her mother at some other country or stay with the father, she decided to move, I dont remember why but all i know Mc made his gf cry by chasing the airplane, and he end up with no one, poor exgf cryed
basicily any love triangle anime .

jak

Contributor
Nagi no Asukara

Frankly, I hated the whole second half of the anime after
the timeskip. Chisaki went from one of the best characters to one of the worst because she ended up with Tsugumu who was the worst most boring character in that show . I felt bad for Kaname.

Dex-chan lover
@GondiTheCat Everyone knows that there is no such anime.

I really hated the ending to 5 Centimeters per Second, it felt like the biggest kick in the nuts. They go through all that character building, separation and longing, and expecting a beautiful reunion but nope! Screw You Writer!

I also hated the ending to series where the author died and they were left unfinished (Kaze no Stigma, Trinity Blood) but those don't apply to their anime versions which had alternate endings anyway.

@yuya Ty, now I'll make sure that if white album 3 ever comes out, I will avoid it like the plague.

Dex-chan lover
Does School Days count?

Edit: wait I already placed a comment here a month ago. How am I so forgetful.

Akatsuki no Yona

It left it off the entire thing with a ginormous cliffhanger.

Edit: Forgot to mention it didn't even have an actual conclusion.

@kjr18 I know right!
Just when I thought Isley would do something badass in the late game and go out like fireworks, yet, he's been hunted down, then died. Then shit happened. My last favorite, RIful, and my last hope for something meaningful also met an awful end. The story is all over and characters no longer acted as I thought them to be. Those abyssal were introduced as something big and much more but sadly they reached their end as nothing but disappointment. I thought there's more in store and something huge remains brewing for us to see, turned out the time skip is a messed up recipe for eradicating everyone plus a time to settle Claire and Priscilla's score. THen our Raki, o Raki what happened to him? I can no longer connect the dots with him

Users who are viewing this thread