Let us see how many people have dropped a manga they once read :rejected:

Like in the title, it would be great to see some stats in the manga page where it shows how many have dropped the manga. It could even show at what chapter people dropped it.

It would show if the quality have stayed good or declined.

Dex-chan lover
This seems to be more of pain in the ass to implement than it's actual worth. Sure we can already see the number of people who follow the series, but do we really need to see
the dropped ratio too? I certainly don't think so.

Contributor
While more accurate data and reliable statistics certainly paints a more complete picture of things,
at the end of the day, I think most readers will just look at the ratings, maybe the followers, and ignore the rest.

A different route would be to include historical rating charts (monthly?), which could show how public opinion of a particular series has changed over time.
i.e. An absolute trainwreck ending would show a nosedive at roughly the same time the chapters were uploaded (assuming no massive in-advance spoilers).
But this too may be much more effort to implement than it's worth.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it shows views per chapter. You might be able to guesstimate something yourself with that information.

However, using the "dropped" category is already touchy (there may be many who just opt to remove a manga they're dropping from follows entirely) and will get more so once custom follow categories get implemented

Group Leader
So, you wanted TL groups to drop a manga they TL'ed because only a thousand people view their release?

HOW NICE

Dex-chan lover
@aerozext
I believe that's already happened. The per-chapter per-group view metrics are visible to everyone and always have been, after all

Group Leader
Yes it did.
But, having these stats displayed would make the situation more dire I believe.

For Popular Manga, there'll never be shortage of people wanting to work on them.
But, for the others, it's hard to get people interested. Because how un-rewarding they are.

Double-page supporter
> Because how un-rewarding they are.

But... but... but... aren't you (not exactly you but scanlators in general) doing it because we like it and just for fun etc., etc., etc.

Contributor
Wouldn't be good for me. I use the "Dropped" thing for manga that have have not been updated over a long period of time that I don't want to actually remove from the reading list. By checking regularly, I can then re-add them if they actually get updates. Like mentioned above, if I do not with to read it anymore, then I just flat remove it from all reading categories.

personally i use dropped like @hounder

my truly dropped stuff i rate 1. so if i see a rating 1 that means dropped dont bother but id love to see a "not interested", as well whats already there with dropped and hold and such option that could be a filter as well so i can hide the items that dont get md chapters or thing i am tied of see updates on that are not in my chosen language filter. i have seen a lot of them show up as english yet are not such a french chater release so it is updated with no chapters in english... yes i have my filter set but im sick of seeing updates for thing that dont fit my filter hence the need for a not interested or hide this permanently choice where i can then filter for it to either show my the hidden or simply hide them.

Dex-chan lover
@lordmage
but id love to see a "not interested", as well whats already there with dropped and hold and such option that could be a filter as well so i can hide the items that dont get md chapters or thing i am tied of see updates on that are not in my chosen language filter.
Custom categories are planned so you'll get your wish once it's implemented as well as the last updated timestamp respecting language filters.

@sterven yes indeed the ever elusive v5 whenever they can get to it... not that im in a rush im sure it will be a big improvement

As a matter of fact, what @justforthelulz said would be better.

Like he said, some charts showing how people have rated the manga over time would show really well how the quality holds.
It would be even better if you could choose the timeline like "all time", "last year", "last month" and "last week".

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Haukka In the future of v5, people will have custom lists and whatnot that can have whatever name and be used for whatever people come up for them. So while we do have concrete categories in v3, it's not something that's going to carry over in v5. Rejected

Users who are viewing this thread