Leveling Up Alone - Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
they smell money - they go for more
stupid kid

Dex-chan lover
wtf, didnt he just say where he knew and then she's asking again???
maybe it's actually asking where did he found those crystal

still weird for black market asking stuff, that's NOT how black market works!!!
why would he be there wearing MASK and suddenly giving her his ID???
and then those other conversation... seriously???
did he NEVER even watch movie, comic??? at least his BRAIN should work... geez

oh and i doubt loanshark would just stop right there though...(in real world they wold stop i think, but NOT in manhua, for "story")

Double-page supporter
same wtf
blackmarket is straightforward business
if you ask too many questions how can you call yourself blackmarket?

shitty blackmarket scene... im really disappointed... well its not gonna stop me from reading anyway

MC passed from little bitch beta male to high and mighty arrogant little prick. Apart from being two despicable mentalities, it doesn't make any sense to change that much in 1 week.

Dex-chan lover
Guy goes to the place where people sell illegal things because they can't sell them elsewhere, a place that obviously caters to illegal hunters and then loses his mind when the old lady accurately guesses the obvious. What a dumb chapter lol.

Scammed and sent all his money to loan sharks, I feel like he should just kill the loan sharks, they are sharks after all if they smell blood they won't stop attacking no matter how much they feast.

Aggregator gang
Once again this MC shows his silliness. Why would he think the illegal market value would be same as the legal market value?

This mc is so dumb that this is annoying to read, like the way he does things is so lame

Idk why I enjoy reading it, even the artstyle wasnt top-tier, the story itself was good

@Elroy79
I don't think the issue is that he isn't getting full price but that he only getting like 30% or 40% the market price.

Aggregator gang
@heroeric, if I recall correctly, he literally complains to the woman that her price is not market value indicating he thought, at the very least, he would get equal the market value for the materials. This is in a world where the internet is available to MC. Take, for instance, in our world, the AK-47 and arms trafficking. I just did a quick search and found market value prices for the AK-47, at least in the U.S. from one site range from $550 - $1300 depending on brand, model, and other accessories. International prices seem similar with highs reaching close to $8,000 for special and/or banned rifles sold in areas they aren't usually available. Doing a quick and vanilla (not venturing to Dark Web) black market comparison, I found that depending on global location an AK-47 can sell for as low as $75 and as high as $15,500 with the average worldwide price of the AK-47 settling around $540. Of course, this isn't getting into all of the nuances about models, specialties, etc. The point I'm making is that market value and illegal market value change depending on a variety of things, most specifically the availablity of resources. That's how economics works.

So, for MC to go into a black market without actually doing his research = silly.
For MC to go into a black market without knowing the price he wanted to sell his materials at in order to bargain (that's why he got taken advantage of) = silly.
For MC to go into a black market thinking he'd automatically get market value = silly.

@Elroy79
He never says that he expected them to sell at market price just that they are both aware of what the official market price is.
There's also probably limit to how much information he can get on black market prices just from the internet. especially more specific details like what the what's the black market price in that city specifically.

Aggregator gang
@heroeric, when the old lady offers her total amount, he gets mad and asks her if she knows how much spirit stone costs (page 8) implying he's arguing that she's paying him less than market value, what he expected to get. The old lady confirms this when she shuts him down with what seems like an ability to paralyze and then asks him if he's asking for the market price of the hunter's association (page 9) and then on page 10 the old lady explains the market value for the stones and MC's reply is 'But then why...?!" again implying he expected to get the market value for the stones which is $8.90 per level according to TL note which would amount to about $19,731 and some change. MC thought he was going to get paid for 2400 levels of mana per stone which would've amounted to about $21,360. Instead, the lady offered him just over $7,000. Meaning he lost a lot of money. Even leading up to this point you get the implication while he's hunting that he expected to get a high price for the materials.

As far as MC searching on the internet for black market prices. I did a vanilla search. I searched a few legitimate websites to get a price range for AK-47s. MC already knew the price range for these stones. I then went out and did a "black market price search" just randomly on a legitimate search engine and got a site talking about black market prices from a study and legal perspective. That gave me an idea of black market prices in several regions and all of this was a cursory search. You're telling me you believe that in this world where all of this is a thing (hunting monsters and selling their body parts) and part of the economy and that a black market exists that there wouldn't be random sites at least talking about the information from a law enforcement and academic perspective?

@Elroy79
I interpreted that scene more like.
MC: Do you know how much thecrystals cost
Lady: States the market price.
MC: But then why.. ( is the price your giving more only around a third the market price)

Also I'm saying more detailed information such as how much it cost in the black market in a specific random city might not be available.

Users who are viewing this thread