Life and Death: The Awakening

The story is pretty much a mess tbh. 80-90% of the story is MC killing Hwa San's enemies, with 10-20% coming in as flashbacks as well as some political intrigue about a vassal state's king and the upper sword (imo a terribly named sword).

The same thing goes for all the terminologies, and I don't really bother to remember the names, but when you have 'Why is MC's 'X' skill so violent, is this Hwa San's skill?', hoh boy. You could replace that X skill with Starpoop Moonjunk or Vkwyd Crwqc, because both words don't make sense in english. Same thing goes for the transliteration word for any of the korean terminologies. I just don't know what it means. Forgive my goldfish memory, that MC's Jo Gang skill or something mentioned by Cheon Sa? Fist skill? What is Cheon Sa?

So when everything piles up, with the inserted flashbacks/cutscenes, along with 0 character development for these 26 chapters, and transliterated terminologies that don't make sense in english letters (but that's not exactly true because there is always some kind of meaning in the original hanja).

Example:

d2bfa7e2b4a65842c13028a4f7f0232e.png

西水盟
飛月宗

Done by writing down the strokes in naver web dictionary and pasting the words in the above app link. Also I don't read korean, but I appreciate readable translations so I can make up my mind on the story being good or bad, and this story doesn't thrill me at least up to chapter 26. Thank you secret scans (and I wouldn't mind if you have footnotes about the hanja's translations so I have an easier time understanding stuff).

Users who are viewing this thread