Life Game

FIRST!!!! Woohow!

From first chapter;
It has cliché scenes from every mangas with "kidnapped people play a crazy game and some of them die" story like; Hot girls, a smart man who organizes people, a muscle-head good for nothing, a tsundere, some side-MC characters and main MC who has no idea what is going on. Let's see where it is going but if story keep to repeat itself on every chapter (like a new trap appear > MC finds a way to save everybody > MC-2 (girl) falls in ove more > A new trap appear) this manga will be a loss."

Contributor
@EG0611

Way I see it. Nowadays the twists in manga series follow like these few. Cute girl (MC-2) is involved deep in the game. Muscle-heads die depending on their muscle level: thugs die early, smart bruisers live longer - the former is more common. All pervert characters will almost certainly die, unless they're the MC. Gyaru characters can die early if they're unlikeable or die later if they're likeable. Leader types die early if they're a Type-3 (an idealist) or live up to mid-late to late game if they're a Type-2 (a pragmatist), but rarely does the Leader live. Couples rarely live; their plotline is whether they'll betray each other or continue to love each other.

Authors must really struggle when it comes to breaking out of the dichotomy of characterizations. Additionally, this manga may have drawn inspiration from 999, seeing as the main character's number is 9, and we're now down to 9 characters.

Power Uploader
Don't think I've ever seen such a group of trapped strangers being this friendly and nice (barring that one guy) in a death game manga before. Made me root for them.

Not that bad. Cast kinda reminds me of the danganronpa crew and all that bullshit. Overall 7/10.

Group Leader
Many thanks for scanlating several of these "death game" manga! (doku mushi as well). It's a guilty pleasure of mine.

I'm reading this only for how bad it is, sad that "death game" manga are mostly bad/unoriginal

Double-page supporter
how gorey is this? i can handle some but if it's too violent I might make myself sick

Dex-chan lover
This was a total waste of time. I don't normally shit on a manga to hard.
But this was just terrible.
The main villain's motive was pointless.
The Main character is cookie cutter crap
The Thug is the only interesting character, and even then he's an unlikeable asshole.
2/10

Its...
Meh, it's not great, definitely a rushed end, nothing worth binging, or if you're curious about the genre, there are definite better ones.

This is more comparable with the Saw movies than the usual death game mangas I know.
Most of the "games" are designed in a way that they are impossible to clear unscathed or are unintuitive with no hints, making them trial and error. Thus missing in fairness, which is a prerequisite to make a "game".
There's no mention of an audience consisting of decadent rich that like to watch people doing gruelling things.
So it doesn't have to be entertaining. But there's still me, the reader. And as it's also missing the character of a battle royal death game, where the participants are encouraged to kill each other, all that's left is watching the unlucky victims die through a variety of means.
And for me personally that's not enough to make it a good read.

Fed-Kun's army
I feel like I've read this exact same manga three other ways. This one wasn't memorable in the slightest, though.

Users who are viewing this thread