Life So Happy

Wow!!! I've loved this for years (and wrote a ton of fan appreciation on Batoto back in the day with how incredibly our beloved mangaka, Kouchi Kaede, understood the human heart like so few mangaka and other authors do). I'm so glad to see it back. I'm still pretty annoyed at Matsunaga-kun for his incredible denseness (although I appreciate his hesitation to take advantage of her when she was so much younger). Back to the main point: this was one of the best manga I've read about love and how decently the person in a superior position can handle what could be considered a wrong relationship with a power imbalance (not a nice thing, in many cases). I have one of those myself (married my wife when she was 18 and I was 25) and I understand completely why he was so hesitant. (Married 37 years ago, and we're still together.).
I followed Love So Life all the time it was being scanlated, and regarded it as a favorite for the whole time. Our mangaka's insight and understanding of people and their emotions was on a par with Anatole France and others of the finest writers I've known. I read that she took maternity leave , which it why there was a hiatus in this manga. I would just like to send her my absolute best, and let her know that her understanding of the human heart is probably the best that I've come across in the manga world, along with Mori Kaoru, Kodama Yuki, and Hikawa Kyouko. (Hmmh! My favourite mangaka are all female {although I'm male}. I guess I should confess that I really love the works of Kobayashi Jin and Adachi Mitsuru!)

i'm smitten by both of this manga & the prequel (love so life) bc they are very lovely, heartfelt and the story are non toxic. the creator even makes some tragedy moment into such a light and funny stories. all the characters are also adorable and some tips inside abt how to handle or caring for children are quite simple and useful in some way. the story might be slow but not exaggerated. love love love! 😍

Dex-chan lover
Damn, I don't think I knew there was a sequel... but I last completed the original in 2016 and rated it a 6/10 in the end.
I enjoyed it to an extent for the heroine's charming personality, I think, but the love rivals we're obnoxious even near the end from what I remember without looking at my notes. ... It's been too long, nor was it great, so I'll pass on reading this.

Users who are viewing this thread