Lilim Holic - Vol. 2 Ch. 17 - Lilim's Lesson

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Aug 19, 2019
Messages
1,445
Solid explanation.

They're still little girls, there's no need for such severity when explaining why they shouldn't be doing it.
(If nothing else, being so serious about the subject could have the opposite effect on them if/when they become rebellious teens...)

I hope she finds a better guy that is NOT the protagonist.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Nov 22, 2025
Messages
533
"Woman hold sexual capital, the younger you are, the higher the value"
Either I get it wrong but that phrase creeps me tf out, not even being a woman.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 24, 2018
Messages
310
So I was worried about how the attempted rape subplot would be handled. The fact she's at least told she could go to jail for it is good, though the fact that was news to her is...worrying, and I do think the focus on "we are inherently more dangerous and thus need to be extra careful so as not to all be branded as 'demons'." is good. Could be handled better, but there's an understanding of the gravity of it and attempt to represent that. What I'm worried about now is how the MC will react to the apology. What I'm hoping for is something like he recoils at the sight of her, slams the door in her face, or tells her to leave and never appear before him again. Or just reacts angrily and aggressively. Something to show that he is hurt and afraid and isn't just going to blandly accept her apology as a "well it can't be helped, don't do it again" sort of thing. And something to show her that she genuinely hurt someone, and give her a chance to grow (assuming of course the story is trying to redeem her and make her sympathetic).
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 24, 2018
Messages
310
"Woman hold sexual capital, the younger you are, the higher the value"
Either I get it wrong but that phrase creeps me tf out, not even being a woman.
It is creepy and gross, but it's also true. Society puts value on women as a sort of sexual property and pseudo status symbol, as can clearly be seen with the stereotypical trophy wife. It's a bad thing that some women exploit, and some are exploited by, and deserves to be talked about. I'm actually glad the author brought it up here.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 29, 2023
Messages
62
I like this chapter, a nice slow chapter that has a sensible aftermath. Being a succubi in this story can suck because they have to deal with the stereotypes and objectification from many of those who may only look at them as a “sexy succubi” and not as a living person. It’s such a constant danger they have an evolved a defense mechanism. THEY HAVE LEGAL TEAM THIS YOUNG IN LIFE!

Dont forget, these are just teenagers just barely entering adult life having while also being succbi.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jun 18, 2026
Messages
828
So I was worried about how the attempted rape subplot would be handled. The fact she's at least told she could go to jail for it is good, though the fact that was news to her is...worrying, and I do think the focus on "we are inherently more dangerous and thus need to be extra careful so as not to all be branded as 'demons'." is good. Could be handled better, but there's an understanding of the gravity of it and attempt to represent that. What I'm worried about now is how the MC will react to the apology. What I'm hoping for is something like he recoils at the sight of her, slams the door in her face, or tells her to leave and never appear before him again. Or just reacts angrily and aggressively. Something to show that he is hurt and afraid and isn't just going to blandly accept her apology as a "well it can't be helped, don't do it again" sort of thing. And something to show her that she genuinely hurt someone, and give her a chance to grow (assuming of course the story is trying to redeem her and make her sympathetic).
It wasn't new to her, she's just stupid and forgot the older succubus teaching
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 17, 2024
Messages
1,882
Nah I hope it does turn into harem slop, somebody needs to get this romance moving.
Still hard to tell but I wouldn't expect rapid progress from this. There's a big focus on young adult awkwardness, plus some social commentary, so I'd say it's headed in a different direction than high impact wish-fulfillment stories.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 28, 2020
Messages
945
It wasn't new to her, she's just stupid and forgot the older succubus teaching
Stupid, or maybe entitled. She was probably vaguely aware there might be consequences, but she didn't think they'd apply to her. Especially since from the looks of it, she didn't realise just how messed up what she did was. Hopefully she does now.

Thanks for the chapter!
 
Aggregator gang
Joined
May 17, 2026
Messages
47
I guess her being told that what she did was nonconsensual and that she could have faced legal consequences is better than nothing. Still, this barely qualifies as "consequences" for attempted rape, and as expected, the framing and double standard is disgusting.

It's beating a dead horse, but imagine if the genders were reversed. Random friend of MC attempts to rape FMC but is stopped by MC. Then the next time we see him the author goes "no worries he gets the mildest slap on the wrist. Also look his girlfriend ghosted him so he felt sad and decided to try and rape the girl his friend likes. Shouldn't you feel sorry for him?" Wouldn't go over so well.
 
Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2018
Messages
6
I guess her being told that what she did was nonconsensual and that she could have faced legal consequences is better than nothing. Still, this barely qualifies as "consequences" for attempted rape, and as expected, the framing and double standard is disgusting.

It's beating a dead horse, but imagine if the genders were reversed. Random friend of MC attempts to rape FMC but is stopped by MC. Then the next time we see him the author goes "no worries he gets the mildest slap on the wrist. Also look his girlfriend ghosted him so he felt sad and decided to try and rape the girl his friend likes. Shouldn't you feel sorry for him?" Wouldn't go over so well.
I mean there's two things to consider here, one is that she's a minor which in most countries means you get leniency. The other is that this is a story and unfortunately it would be a lot more boring for her to just go to Jail. So while it could've been perceived as attempted rape, all she did was bite his ear and fingers and they call it "non-consensual obscenity" which is probably what Yui and Ema reported it as.

The bit about being ghosted by her boyfriend I personally dont see an an "excuse" but just characterisation and another reinforcement of how the author is trying to convey that Succubi are perceived differently by than other people. I'm not saying this couldnt have been done better but its rare for this sort of topic to be explored and at least attempted to be handled properly.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 24, 2018
Messages
310
It wasn't new to her, she's just stupid and forgot the older succubus teaching
It was news to her that what she did constituted sexual assault and could land her in jail. That's separate from the teachings, and gives more the sense that she didn't even register what she did as harmful or illegal.
 
Supporter
Joined
Apr 26, 2018
Messages
55
So even though there wasn't exactly a case against Rinka, she did face consequences. I'm fine with that.

What I don't like is that the author is kinda putting Emu in the same situation as Rinka, since Emu entered Yui's dream without his consent.

Also, I really hope Rinka doesn't develop feelings for Yui and start going after him. Please don't turn this into harem crap.

Thanks for the chapter!
I think it's clear that entering dreams is something that can happen without intent, the whole reason the teacher was having them practice. So it's a potentially sketchy situation, but how Emu acts inside the dream is certainly important, too. Emu didn't do anything there that was really problematic, Yui certainly felt he acted like a gentleman and did a good job of asking for positive consent.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jun 7, 2019
Messages
216
I don't like how that talk was basically "We are held to a higher standard because people fear us, so we can't do 'sexual mischief' or 'non-consensual obscenity' or we'll face punishment" instead of "That's an invasion of privacy at best, but is probably just straight up sexual assault. Don't commit sex crimes. That's an everyone rule."
You’re such a baby.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 17, 2023
Messages
5,186
I guess her being told that what she did was nonconsensual and that she could have faced legal consequences is better than nothing. Still, this barely qualifies as "consequences" for attempted rape, and as expected, the framing and double standard is disgusting.

It's beating a dead horse, but imagine if the genders were reversed. Random friend of MC attempts to rape FMC but is stopped by MC. Then the next time we see him the author goes "no worries he gets the mildest slap on the wrist. Also look his girlfriend ghosted him so he felt sad and decided to try and rape the girl his friend likes. Shouldn't you feel sorry for him?" Wouldn't go over so well.
To be fair, 98% of shoujo romance has a scene where the male lead grabs the female lead's wrist, pushes her against the wall, or pushes her down on the ground and leans in close to her face. He'll say something like "I could just eat you up" or "I just can't help myself." And then the female lead is turned on by this behavior, instead of terrified. Then ~60 chapters later when the sales are flagging they introduce a second male lead and they do it again. I'd say it's not a double standard, it is the standard, and that's disgusting.

I agree that she's getting off too lightly. Considering she's a minor, I might not send her to prison prison, as that tends to cause recidivism instead of reforming people. Instead I'd sentence her to some kind of outpatient prison/community service, and I'd expel her from her school and make her attend a school for criminals.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 28, 2023
Messages
182
Wait! Since she asked to borrow his hand in the dream, does that then make it consensual even though she technically, actually, hopped into his dream
nah, sleeping can't give consent. He does not have a clear mind, he's literally sleeping, and not understanding that he's interacting with real person. It's cute that even in his sleep he asks for HER consent, but since it's a dream, and he has no knowledge of that power of hers/lucid dreaming skills, he's in no position to give a consent to her to invade his dreams.
It has to be done prior to dream, I guess.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top