Lily Marble - Ch. 34

Dex-chan lover
This is bittersweet
But it's what the axe does (I just can't accept this wasn't axed)

Dex-chan lover
Not Hikari and Moe. NOT HIKARI AND MOE! I hate it here, they took one for the team. If the story was longer and their relationship had been explored more it would have been a nice friends to lovers couple.

Oof.
Up until now it was one couple per chapter. Here we got two couples seeing their end in like less than 5 pages each. The author isn't even trying to hide that he rushed the ending. But well, whenever a chapter randomly starts with "several years later" it's never a good sign I guess .

Though I must say I like that not every couple got a happy end. It's refreshing. Extremely bittersweet, but refreshing nonetheless.

@Serenata same here. I'll tell myself that the author didn't intentionally rush it and that the manga was just axed instead.

Dex-chan lover
Wow I seriously would have NEVER imagine this series getting axed so fucking soon and I'm SO FUCKING ANGRY at it

like WTF WAS THAT FIRST HALF?!?!?! let me guess the other girl last chapter actually did leave too for the other job........

man an I was rooting for the girls in the first half so dam bad OTL

makes me wonder how the translators felt when they found out it gets axed like this legit feelsbadman

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the upload, but wow that's not the Iwashita-san I adored following for so many chapters. The real Iwashita's type half would have exploded upon hearing the confession while her legs would have tried to act casual and flag down a waiter to place an order. Unless the intervening years really mellowed her out if so that's a slight bummer as well as seeing Tsubasa completely give up her pursuit of femininity. I love her character regardless but it was a sympathetic trait for her to have and watch her grow in that regards.... wait did she give a love confession to her bestie and her friend's wedding?

Dex-chan lover
I actually find this extremely funny.

Yesterday, @SuperOniichan @Jetstream300 and I were discussing something related to straight couplings in yuri manga and viceversa.

Now that I've given enough context and tagged those involved. I'll proceed to give a proper reaction

*breathes in*

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED?????!!!!!11 YOU MONSTERS!!!!!!

DID YOU SEE ALL THAT DRAMA LEADING TO THIS? THIS IS WHAT ALWAYS ENDS UP HAPPENNING AAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHi know that maybe you dont read this manga tho

now im sad. and convinced that the "just friends fooling around" trope is the worst thing in existence and shouldnt be replicated IRL

On a serious note: After all the events leading to this, and the stuff on last chapter, I can only comply with the author on this being the most logical route. That doesn't make the execution better and this ending suffers a lot from the lack of development in the relationship between the two AND the other guys. Damn that fucking axe.

Why is it always the first coupling that gets the poor treatment?

I do like the second ending... But again, they got kind of proper development.

wtf?? why do all the best mangas get ax d? a timeskip? and they really did moe and hikari like this? the best girls? the otp? 2020 has been trash i’m so upset

Dex-chan lover
*shrug*

Manga don't get axed if they sell well. If the expected foreign-language market for a series is big enough, then it will be continued even if sales in Japan are weak. At least buy the licensed translations of series that you like. No one should both plead poverty and complain about axed series.

If you liked a series that got axed, such that there was a licensed translation, then consider buying all the volumes except the last.

Users who are viewing this thread